Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Galaxy tab 2 won't charge or turn on.

Hi new to the site so any help would be great my sons tab2 has a problem charging , when you insert charger the battery icon appears with the loading symbol inside , then the battery shows I gold loading bar for about two seconds and then screen goes blank . This just keeps repeating itself plz help 😃

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pompeyarcher View Post
    Hi new to the site so any help would be great my sons tab2 has a problem charging , when you insert charger the battery icon appears with the loading symbol inside , then the battery shows I gold loading bar for about two seconds and then screen goes blank . This just keeps repeating itself plz help ��
    Welcome to the forum Pompeyarcher. There are some great tips for charging problems in the Guides, FAQ's & Tips Guides, FAQ's & Tips in my signature. One of them is a trickle charge plugging it into your PC for several hours via USB (trickle charge), and see if that doesn't wake it up, so you can finish the charge with the wall wart. Make sure the PC doesn't sleep. Let us know if that, or one of the other suggestions, helps you out.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum Pompeyarcher. There are some great tips for charging problems in the Guides, FAQ's & Tips Guides, FAQ's & Tips in my signature. One of them is a trickle charge plugging it into your PC for several hours via USB (trickle charge), and see if that doesn't wake it up, so you can finish the charge with the wall wart. Make sure the PC doesn't sleep. Let us know if that, or one of the other suggestions, helps you out.

Yay this worked for me. When I plugged in the charger to the computer it still did the same thing I let it go for over 2 hours and nothing however I still plugged it into the wall outlet and it started charging

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by samsunguser View Post
    Yay this worked for me. When I plugged in the charger to the computer it still did the same thing I let it go for over 2 hours and nothing however I still plugged it into the wall outlet and it started charging
    Glad to hear it, and welcome to the forum! I hope it works for the OP, Pompeyarcher.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

trickle charge didn't work for me

Hi, there. I had the same problem described above (re the battery icon showing on the screen with the gold bars, then the screen turning dark). I tried trickle charging and resetting the battery, but neither worked. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Remove Ads

Ads