Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0

Tab 2 10.1 SM-T810

I left my tab 2 to charge and it always seems to take ages now ! , anyway i left to charge , it had been charging for 6 hours as i thought but it was not actually charging as it went down to 0% , i left it as i thought it would charge eventually , i went to bed ,there was a sudden flash of light from the tab ,and i checked the tab but i wouldn't do anything . I have tried to charge it but nothing is happening , i have tried the hold down power button and volume button for 30 secs then just the volume button for 20 seconds and nothing happened.
    I have tried connecting to the usb on my computer holding the power button and touching the screen for 60 seconds , nothing happened . It is now connected to my laptop , hoping it may come back to life .
    I don't want to lose all my stuff on there so i am a bit unsure how i can solve it .
    Any ideas would be very appreciated

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Welcome to the forum Jazzycat! You don't say how old your tab is, or whether it is still under warranty. Doesn't look good, you've tried everything that I would suggest.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
    Hi . thanks for the welcome .

i have just found a cable i had bought a couple of months ago a magnetic one which i found was playing up to , anyhow i plugged it in and hey presto it has started to charge , so far 75% so fingers crossed it will be ok now .
    I have had the tab since a year last April and is has updated to Nougat .
    thanks again
    Chrisjaz

Tab came on it fully charged and strange thing the date was 1st Jan 2014 time 16.05 how strange is that !
    Last edited by jazzycat; 07-28-2017 at 01:57 AM. Reason: Update

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Great news! If the problem was the charging cable, you are a lucky fellow indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzycat View Post
    Hi . thanks for the welcome .

i have just found a cable i had bought a couple of months ago a magnetic one which i found was playing up to , anyhow i plugged it in and hey presto it has started to charge , so far 75% so fingers crossed it will be ok now .
    I have had the tab since a year last April and is has updated to Nougat .
    thanks again
    Chrisjaz

Remove Ads

Ads