Thread: Tab Won't Turn On After Software Update

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by beercap View Post
    Hi Took mine to PC World and they could not fix it. It has now been returned
    to Manufacture, that sucks as an upgrade.
    I have managed to speak to Samsung on the phone. Their immediate response was to ask me to send the tab 2 back to them for repair in a pre-paid envelope that they will supply. There has been a very recent firmware upgrade which appears to have affected certain models the GT-P5110 amongst them. Hope the repair service is as efficient as the service hot line.
    janner43 likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, just to share my experience.

I too have had problem since trying to upgrade. Tried all fixes on every forum I could find. Finally contacted Samsung UK and they sent me all the packaging etc. I was feeling really hopeful as I sent it off last Thursday. Then it was returned this Monday with a brief standard letter saying that it was a non-EU model and so they couldn't do anything.

I bought it from Amazon UK in 2013 so I got on to them straight away and Amazon said that it was 'UK compatible' so I should get back to Samsung UK. I have spoken to them today and it is actually a USA model - how the *dickens* was I supposed to know that, having bought from Amazon and assuming it was at least EU.

All the Samsung lady could suggest was (1) send it across to the US to get it sorted or (2) visit my nearest Carphone warehouse Geek Squad to see if they could 'flash' the software. I'm going to try this but I do not hold out much hope.

Really very very very unhappy with the situation, but Samsung do not seem to be grasping how bad this is for them. It's making me look at Apple if I can't get this fixed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads