Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Tab Won't Turn On After Software Update

  1. #1
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    16672
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

    Tab Won't Turn On After Software Update

    Hello, I did an update last night and now the tab won't turn back on. I tried the reboot but it goes back to the same screen which will go past the initial opening screen but now just has a black screen with Samsung emblazoned across it. If any one can help I would be really appreciative. Many Thanks x

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    921
    Member #
    10030
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum Sally

    If you can get to recovery you might be able to clean the cache & go from there. If you aren't sure on that sort of process, I recommend telephoning Samsung support - they are very friendly & helpful.

    All the best

  3. #3
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ipswich, England
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    16684
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I also did the update this morning with the same result. When I cleared the cache I couldn't turn my tab off (keeps rebooting unless the charger is plugged in) and it still returns to the same screen.

    Help!!!!

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    921
    Member #
    10030
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathlad View Post
    I also did the update this morning with the same result. When I cleared the cache I couldn't turn my tab off (keeps rebooting unless the charger is plugged in) and it still returns to the same screen.

    Help!!!!
    Welcome to the forum

    Sounds like a different issue to me - I recommend you read through (all the way through) this thread (in the parent forum of this one, Galaxy Tab2 Help) - "Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 10.1 Won't Turn Off After Recent Update"

    All the best

  5. #5
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ipswich, England
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    16684
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

    Sounds like a different issue to me - I recommend you read through (all the way through) this thread (in the parent forum of this one, Galaxy Tab2 Help) - "Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 10.1 Won't Turn Off After Recent Update"

    All the best
    Thanks for the welcome. Mine was the same as Sally's until I followed the advice on that thread. I followed the first advice and cleared the cache. At that point it started to reboot and returned to the black screen with the pulsing SAMSUNG. Everytime I try to turn it of the tablet starts back up again. I can turn it off by plugging it in to the charger or to the PC but I cannot get it to enter recovery mode again.

  6. #6
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    16689
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Tab Won't Turn On After Software Update. I just cant get in. Just the Samsung logo flashing in the middle of the the screen. HELP.

    How can I reboot. Beercap.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    921
    Member #
    10030
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Heathlad View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. Mine was the same as Sally's until I followed the advice on that thread. I followed the first advice and cleared the cache. At that point it started to reboot and returned to the black screen with the pulsing SAMSUNG. Everytime I try to turn it of the tablet starts back up again. I can turn it off by plugging it in to the charger or to the PC but I cannot get it to enter recovery mode again.
    It may be that this update - which frankly is a little strange for the Tab 2 10.1 given its age - is another "borked" one. If nothing in the other thread helps, then I recommend either trying KIES (horrible software, I know) or what I really think will help is to telephone Samsung support. Their Tabs get a 2 year warranty in the UK.

    Quote Originally Posted by beercap View Post
    Tab Won't Turn On After Software Update. I just cant get in. Just the Samsung logo flashing in the middle of the the screen. HELP.

    How can I reboot. Beercap.
    Welcome to the forum

    Please see my immediate advice above & in the earlier post/s in this thread & the referenced one.

  8. #8
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    921
    Member #
    10030
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    You do all have Tab 2 - that is TWO - 10.1 devices? I ask because nothing comes up showing new firmware for that model since Jan/Feb 2014 on a Google search. When did you buy these? From where? The current model is a Tab 4 (FOUR)...

    Just wondering, as the Tab 2 is now 2-3 years old and is actually past its firmware update cycle from Samsung. You might have bought an old stock device perhaps, & have picked up the last update released by Samsung, in which case, the thread I referred to in post #4 would definitely be relevant.

    Seems odd to me...

  9. #9
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Ipswich, England
    Posts
    4
    Member #
    16684
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    You do all have Tab 2 - that is TWO - 10.1 devices? I ask because nothing comes up showing new firmware for that model since Jan/Feb 2014 on a Google search. When did you buy these? From where? The current model is a Tab 4 (FOUR)...

    Just wondering, as the Tab 2 is now 2-3 years old and is actually past its firmware update cycle from Samsung. You might have bought an old stock device perhaps, & have picked up the last update released by Samsung, in which case, the thread I referred to in post #4 would definitely be relevant.

    Seems odd to me...
    Thanks Janner43. I bought mine in October 2012 and have been very happy with it till now. It just came up with the message firmware update and a choice of delays. Followed the instructions and the rest is a mess. As you say covered by the 2 year warranty but still trying to get an answer from Samsung. Must have been some sort of update as that is three of us now. Was thinking of buying a Galaxy S tab but might rethink that decision now.

  10. #10
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Luton
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    16689
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

    Angry Hi Took mine to PC World and they could not fix it. It has now been retutned to Manf

    Quote Originally Posted by Heathlad View Post
    Thanks Janner43. I bought mine in October 2012 and have been very happy with it till now. It just came up with the message firmware update and a choice of delays. Followed the instructions and the rest is a mess. As you say covered by the 2 year warranty but still trying to get an answer from Samsung. Must have been some sort of update as that is three of us now. Was thinking of buying a Galaxy S tab but might rethink that decision now.
    Hi Took mine to PC World and they could not fix it. It has now been returned
    to Manufacture, that sucks as an upgrade.


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

galaxy tab 3 wont turn on after update

,
my samsung tab s wont open after share it
,
my samsung tablet wont turn because of software updates
,
samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 wont turn on after new software
,
samsung galaxy tab won't power on
,

samsung tab 4 won't start after update

,
tab 4 won't start after update
,
tab not switching on after software update
,
tablet 3 wont turn on after update
,

why my samsung tab s wont turn on after update software?

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:26 AM.