Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by dorakibler View Post
    I got it working by holding the start Button and home down but the battery has a constant red cross across it.
    It worked okay for a couple of months but the battery ran down last night and I plugged it in to charge but I have the same problem back where the battery keeps flashing across intermittently but it wont switch on again.
    Welcome to the forum

We have a "resolving charging problems" Guide thread in our Guides, FAQs & Tips section (linked from my signature, below) that should help you with this. Specifically, the "trickle charge" mentioned in that guide thread.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I don't see your signature (link)

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by curio View Post
    I don't see your signature (link)
    To see signature links, you'll need to view the forum from a browser, rather than something like Tapatalk.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I looked at the section you said, good stuff re battery maintenance, but nothing re my question. Perhaps you misunderstood, I'll explain again. Ever since the most
    recent OS update from Samsung I have to shut my Tab 2 off twice to make it shut down. As soon as it appears to shutoff, it restarts again...on it's own! So I usually
    let it boot up, and then shut down again, for some reason it usually STAYS shutoff this time. However, this is really annoying and I'm sure not good for the system.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by curio View Post
    I looked at the section you said, good stuff re battery maintenance, but nothing re my question. Perhaps you misunderstood, I'll explain again. Ever since the most
    recent OS update from Samsung I have to shut my Tab 2 off twice to make it shut down. As soon as it appears to shutoff, it restarts again...on it's own! So I usually
    let it boot up, and then shut down again, for some reason it usually STAYS shutoff this time. However, this is really annoying and I'm sure not good for the system.
    There is a good chance we're talking at cross purposes here

This thread is about "Galaxy Tab 2 Keeps Turning Off and On Repeatedly" so that might explain my/our confusion.

Whereas your original post to the forum was in post#50 of the "Samsung Galaxy Tablet 2 10.1 Won't Turn Off After Recent Update" thread (on similar lines to that you have just posted). If you revisit that post/thread you'll see you are not alone & actually, being able to turn off after only one reboot actually puts you in a better position than some (believe it or not )

Samsung are supposedly working on a fix for those Tab 2 devices that are affected by this recent firmware bug.

Cheers
    Last edited by janner43; 11-09-2013 at 06:05 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry to read of your difficulties...

The first thing I would do is to take these steps (posted originally by another of the team here, Astrix) to clear the system cache for the device. Turn the device off & then...

* Hold down Power + Volume UP at the same time.
    * When the Samsung startup screen shows, release the power button and continue to hold the UP button.
    * One of the options will be to clear the cache & there will be instructions onscreen as to how to select & then apply that selection.

If that doesn't fix it, you will be left with the option of doing a Factory Reset using the hardware keys, very similar to above, except that you would select the wipe data (or factory reset) option from the list of choices presented to you. This will wipe all your user data (so I hope you have a backup) and then reinstall the android operating system on your device.

Hope one of those options works for you
    Sir, my galaxy tab also having same problem. And I tried both ways, but still same condition. I cleared the cache and then done factory reset but still keep on switch on and off. Please help.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

my samsung galaxy tab 2 automatically turn off and on also

hiii,plz help me i have samsung galaxy tab 2 model is p3100,, it has a problem is tab is turn off automatically and on also,,and other problem is if i uninstall software temporary software not seen but after turn on unistalled software is back... so plz help me how my tab is clear,.....

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

Either you can follow the advice in this thread - cache cleaning, factory reset. Or visit the Guides section linked in my signature & try the options in the "boot loop" guide thread.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    im having the same issue. keeps rebooting. i tried all the posted suggestions. it now says Downloading...Do Not Turn Off Target!!!
    its been like this for over an hour. any help?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    my tab S (sm-t700) has been doing the exact same thing. I've done a factory reset 3 times already since I've owned it (9 months.)
    It's obviously a samsung app that is triggering this if it's occurring w/ multiple models.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads