Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I also notice that just before it's about to reboot, I get horizontal running flashes across the screen.
    My initial thought was I had the brightness up too high, but even on low or auto, the tablet continues to freeze and reboot itself.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    my samsung tablet is continous on & off,I already did what I read in this forum,to press start & volume up,after volume down,& then the tablet stat to downloading the OS,how long it will takes to finish downloading the OS?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I'm having the same problem as bgon on page 2

"I'm having the same issue. keeps rebooting. i tried all the posted suggestions. it now says Downloading...Do Not Turn Off Target!!! its been like this for over an hour. any help?"

I notice his question was not answered from April 2015.
    as said I have the same message will leave it for now and get back after a few more hours, nothing seems to be working/moving on screen.
    Guvs.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Still nothing, it has a picture of a lookalike R2D2 underneat it has the message.
    Downloading...
    Do not turn off target !!
    Top left corner it also has in smaller writing
    odin mode (in red)
    Product name:GT-P5118
    Custom binary download : NO
    current binary: samsung_official

If that's of any help to anyone.
    thanks if there is anyone out there that can help me.
    Steve.
    (Guvs)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

samsung tablet turning off and on

Quote Originally Posted by Dora View Post
    I have had my tab 2 for 2 months always worked fine,now it started turning off and on over and over ,and I can't even try anything because as soon as I unlock the screen it turns off again and on again ...ect Can somebody help me?
    Why does my Samsung smartphone or tablet keep randomly turning itself and/or restarting itself?
    Last Update date : 2015.01.24
    There are a number of potential causes for a smartphone or tablet repeatedly and unpredictably restarting itself. Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot this problem with your device.

Download the latest software update

The current software update for your device may fix any bug(s) that are causing the restarts. Follow these steps to download the latest software update for your device. Note: the steps required for your specific device may vary slightly from the following.

Make sure your device first has a WiFi connection and then on your device go to Settings > About Device > Software Update and then touch Update.

Remove the external SD card

If your device contains an external SD card please make sure your device is powered off, remove the external SD card and then power on the device again and see if any further unexpected restarts occur while your external SD card is outside the device.

If your device works fine without the SD card it is very likely the SD card is at fault. Delete all software on the SD card and see if your device works with the SD card after you have wiped it of data. If your smartphone or tablet still restarts unexpectedly while the empty SD card is inside it the SD card likely has a hardware fault and will need to be fixed by an engineer or replaced with a new SD card.

Perform a factory reset

A factory reset will restore your device to the state it was in when it left the factory. This means that all the changes you've made to your device and all the media you have stored in its internal memory will be wiped, so please make a backup of anything you don't wish to lose on another device, such as a PC. When you've safely made back ups of all your important data follow these steps. Note: the steps required for your specific device may vary slightly from the following.

Go to Settings > Back up and reset > Factory data reset and then touch Reset device.

Contact a service centre

If the above steps have not resolved your problem please click here to find the location and contact details of the Samsung service centre closest to you so you can arrange for an engineer to inspect your device.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads