Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Galaxy Tab 2 Keeps Turning Off and On Repeatedly

I have had my tab 2 for 2 months always worked fine,now it started turning off and on over and over ,and I can't even try anything because as soon as I unlock the screen it turns off again and on again ...ect Can somebody help me?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

Sorry to read of your difficulties...

The first thing I would do is to take these steps (posted originally by another of the team here, Astrix) to clear the system cache for the device. Turn the device off & then...

* Hold down Power + Volume UP at the same time.
    * When the Samsung startup screen shows, release the power button and continue to hold the UP button.
    * One of the options will be to clear the cache & there will be instructions onscreen as to how to select & then apply that selection.

If that doesn't fix it, you will be left with the option of doing a Factory Reset using the hardware keys, very similar to above, except that you would select the wipe data (or factory reset) option from the list of choices presented to you. This will wipe all your user data (so I hope you have a backup) and then reinstall the android operating system on your device.

Hope one of those options works for you

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Can I get some help pls my tablet wont turn off since an update.. I had to let the battery die 2 times cause everytime I turn it off it start again like restart dont know what to do cause its only like 3 months old its a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dora View Post
    I have had my tab 2 for 2 months always worked fine,now it started turning off and on over and over ,and I can't even try anything because as soon as I unlock the screen it turns off again and on again ...ect Can somebody help me?
    I was facing the same problem with my galaxy tab 2 10.1. Suddenly out of the blue it keeps restarting by itself. Whenever I tried to run the apps, it will freeze for a moment and then straight into restart mode.
    I tried a few solutions posted by those galaxy tab 2 users who have same problem like me but none of the methods work out for me. Thus I decided to send my tablet to the shop where I purchased it. The shop formates my tablet and it turns to normal again. However, after one month, the problem reoccur again. This time it is not as frequent as before and the apps didn't freeze however, it will restart by itself at some time.

I wonder what happen to yours now and I would like to know your solution if you manage to fix your device back to normal.

thank you,
    Last edited by janner43; 10-28-2013 at 02:09 AM.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum meana

I have edited out your email address from your post - posting it as you did is a sure way to get a lot of spam.

I'm wondering if your problem is due to an app you have installed? Given that your device worked well after it was returned to you, but then started freezing again, it is quite possible.

If you try the cache clearing idea posted earlier in the thread, that might help. Other than that, you could also try removing any apps that you installed just prior to the issue manifesting again.

The final option would be a Factory Reset (guide thread in our Guides, FAQs & Tips section, linked from my signature, below) but don't allow Google to backup your apps & then restore them afterwards. Reset your Tab & then gradually reinstall your apps, checking for system stability as you go.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Thanks for your immediate respond...

I haven't installed any apps after 2nd time of formate. This time, different problems occur. It will restart after 8 hours and sometime 4 hours. This morning it suddenly restarting about 3 times repeatedly and then seems okay after that.

This time new command which is not familiar to me pop up. The command are like "unfortunately your gmail has stopped" , "unfortunately my uploads has stopped", "unfortunately google search has stopped".

What is it means by that? This is first time I encounter it after 1 year of using Galaxy Tab. Is it the software problems or have to do with hardware?

I am quite worried about the sudden problem caused by my Galaxy Tab...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I can understand your concern. The error messages would lead me to think that the OS on your device needs to be re-installed. So...

I think the most reliable thing for you to do would be a Factory Reset. If you follow the guide thread in our Guides, FAQs & Tips section, linked from my signature, below, it will take you through the process one step at a time. But don't use the Google service which backups your apps etc & then automatically restores them afterwards.

Reset your Tab & then try running it for a few days with only your Google account loaded, but no additional apps from anywhere. If the problem starts again without any apps loaded other than those that come with the device, then you will need to either contact Samsung for further advice or manually re flash the firmware on your device after downloading a new copy from Samsung. You may need to use KIES for this.

If it stays stable, then you can discover which app is the source of the problem, by gradually reinstalling your apps, checking for system stability as you go.

All the best
    Last edited by janner43; 10-31-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Thanks for your suggestion. I would consider doing as you guided.

There are a few things that I am curious with...

How come my tablet still encountering problems even after I sent them for formatting? Not once but twice and I sent it to different person because I can't trust the previous person as the problem seem to come back. Both said that now my tablet is fresh as new. It did function smoothly in front of them but after that those problems that I mentioned previously occurred.

Were they actually did something suspiciously to my tablet? Such as maybe they are using any software that might made it worse? When I went to the second shop they said that the first shop just do what I understand like you said the factory reset. While the second shop said that what they did is formatting via the computer.

They were jolting down numbers after doing something on the tablet. What is that numbers indicate? If I need to do the factory reset, do I have to write down the numbers too?

Sorry for asking too many questions. I hope I could know more about this as I feel I should know and have ideas on what they did...

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I don't suppose that the the two folks that have looked at your Tab did anything other than that which I have suggested, to be quite honest with you. However, they may well have used the Google backup & restore option which I am suggesting you don't use as it is only possible to check if this issue is being caused by an app if you only run the device without any additional apps loaded.

The guide thread tells you everything you need to do to backup & restore your device. I'm sorry, but I doubt there is much more I can offer in the way of guidance. Simply put, the problem is going to be either...
    1) An app causing the problem
    2) A faulty installation of the OS which will either be fixed by a Factory Reset or a manual reinstallation of the firmware.
    3) A developing hardware fault

By following the advice in post #7 you will be able to determine which of the three options is actually the case.

All the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I got it working by holding the start Button and home down but the battery has a constant red cross across it.
    It worked okay for a couple of months but the battery ran down last night and I plugged it in to charge but I have the same problem back where the battery keeps flashing across intermittently but it wont switch on again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads