Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I would do a cold bootnand see if that resets the battery. Then charge the tab for a full 8 hours
    I've tried that. What it does is reset the battery level to 1% and then the cycle just continues. It's weird. I've had the thing sitting on my desk half the day playing music, trying to drain the battery, and it just keeps on going. Maybe my battery is magic!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Re: Battery Behaving Strangely

Quote Originally Posted by MudCamper View Post
    I've tried that. What it does is reset the battery level to 1% and then the cycle just continues. It's weird. I've had the thing sitting on my desk half the day playing music, trying to drain the battery, and it just keeps on going. Maybe my battery is magic!
    Me thinks you've got a bad tablet. If they don't have any more Tab 2 7" you won't go wrong by replacing with a Nexus7

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I managed to completely drain the battery. Then I charged it to 100% (or maybe I did - how can I by sure?). Then I turned it off for the night. Turned it on the next morning, and it's at 13% charge and rising (while not plugged in). The problem persists.

Perhaps I just have to return it.

So, noob question next: is there a way to save the state of my device, and then restore it to a new one, including all my installed apps and everything?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Well I managed to completely drain the battery. Then I charged it to 100% (or maybe I did - how can I by sure?). Then I turned it off for the night. Turned it on the next morning, and it's at 13% charge and rising (while not plugged in). The problem persists.

Perhaps I just have to return it.

So, noob question next: is there a way to save the state of my device, and then restore it to a new one, including all my installed apps and everything?
    I would return it, if it was me. But, do a Factory Reset first. you may find that it fixes the software calibration for you. If not, you have lost nothing except 24 hours to try it first as you will need to do the Reset/Wipe prior to returning it.

As far as backing up is concerned, then you have to do this in three or four steps.
    1. Your Google account will remember all the apps you have ever used on that account, so when you put your account back on you can reload your apps - you can let it do this automatically, but then you will get everything you have ever tried, so do it manually by selecting the apps you wish to install
    2. Save any photos, documents, e books or whatever to a microSD, cloud storage, personal cloud storage or to a computer.
    3. You can check the Play Store for backup apps. There are some that do not need root, that will let you save certain apps' current data enabling you to restore that later. Whatever you do, do not root your Tab in order to use Titanium backup. This will void your warranty.

If you were thinking of Apple's iCloud or iTunes style of backup & restore, then regretfully, there is nothing like that available for Android.

Good luck with your return.
    Last edited by janner43; 12-02-2012 at 02:46 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Well I tried doing a factory reset (a couple of times) and it doesn't help.

It's strange, that I can charge the battery, but the OS can't track the charge level.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    66 times

Re: Battery Behaving Strangely

Check out this screenshot of my battery history for the last day:

Turned it on the next morning, and it's at 13% charge and rising (while not plugged in). The problem persists.
    Well I tried doing a factory reset (a couple of times) and it doesn't help.

It's strange, that I can charge the battery, but the OS can't track the charge level.
    Sorry to hear about it. Base on your screenshot.
    Dont waste your time...
    The battery failed. Time for replacement.

Happen to my galaxy note. Sudden drop and rise without charging.

Not a noob question.
    - Root it and install titanium backup
    - Backup with titanium and there will be titanium folder created.
    - Copy the folder with its content after backup to your PC.
    - Once you had a new device. Root it and install titanium.
    - Put the previous/ backup titanium folder to your new device.
    - Run titanium and restore.
    - It will restore all the content from the previous backup of your old device

Keep us posted

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies. I haven't returned the device yet. I like it a lot, but I bought it at Costco, and they don't have them anymore. They'll refund my money, but I can't exchange it for another one. And the prices have been rising as Christmas approaches. I'll return it after Christmas and look for a good price for another one then as well.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    it was a double post, and my issue has been resolved, I hope
    Last edited by ideamerchant; 12-11-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by sandyk8965 View Post
    Hi All,

I had bought a tab 2 7.0 a month back. From past 2 weeks my tab battery is behaving strange. After fully charging (100%). The battery keeps discharging and again battery charge increases without charging. Like its display's message for low battery(1%) and after some time I see the increase in battery %, 25%..30% 28%...35% ..... its keeps increasing and then decreasing. Finally drains out after 2 days....
    Guys please help me out...

Thanks in advance
    Sandy
    You'd better contact the service center asap. Maybe there is something problem with the tab.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had mine replaced and the new one works great! I'm happy now!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads