Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Newbie

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0

I have the 7.0 using wifi. I've had no experience with Android, touch, etc. and the tablet comes with no manual. I have downloaded the "manual" from Sansumg but it is for experienced Android users. I've looked at the Dummy books, The Missing Manual, YouTube, etc. but they, too, are too advanced for me. Playing around with it, I've discovered how to find the keyboard, get online, etc. but I'm shocked that there is nothing to help people like me. Where can I go where there are graphics, text where I'm not expected to know this stuff already?

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the site. I learned most things just by tinkering around with the tab.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    18 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

There should be a "help" app in the app drawer that should give you some additional info on "how to" with the tab! Also feel free to look around the forum ...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    How is one supposed to know what and where the app drawer is?

Quote Originally Posted by smalltowngirl13 View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!

There should be a "help" app in the app drawer that should give you some additional info on "how to" with the tab! Also feel free to look around the forum ...

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum. The App Drawer are the screens where all your Apps are displayed. Your home screen should have an icon to get you there.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    When I click on the app thing, there is nothing that says "help." Where else should I look?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    Welcome to the Forum. The App Drawer are the screens where all your Apps are displayed. Your home screen should have an icon to get you there.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Re: Newbie

Have you tried this site?
    http://www.dummies.com/how-to/consum...alaxy-Tab.html

Sent from my galaxy tab sch i800

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0
    Thank you for the Dummie link. I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Terracotta View Post
    Have you tried this site?
    Samsung Galaxy Tab - For Dummies

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times

Your welcome I'm going to browse the site also. There seems to always be something new to learn with my tab.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Welcome to the forum.
    Please feel free to ask away, no matter how basic it may seem to you. We're here to help any way we can.
    I went and did a search for "what's an app drawer" looking for a help link that covers the terms and basics and couldn't find anything that would've helped me when I was a green newbie with Android.
    A couple of tips that might help get you started are use your home button when feeling lost and just start over. Also most apps and things have a menu that will either look like 3 vertical dots or 3 horizontal lines. There it's no specific place they will always be but most often they are in the upper right or lower left areas of your screen.Use them frequently to get used to how things are set up and don't hesitate to the the back arrow, which is located on the lower left of your Tab unless the keyboard is active. In case the keyboard is active (being used at the moment) tap the "V" looking icon on the bottom left to minimize the keyboard and reveal the back arrow. I also learned a lot by holding my finger on the screen for a second or so until something popped up, usually another menu, on the screen. I cannot tell you how many times I used the home button (lower left, looks like a house) and just started over again when frustrated or couldn't remember where what was and started over again.
    If you want to get more familiar with the terms you may read here do a Google search for Android Terms Dictionary but they may seem intimidating at first. I know they were for me at least.
    Again please feel free to ask anything you need help with, even if in other threads you don't understand the terms we are using.
    Hope that helps

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Sent from this Galaxy
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 12-28-2012 at 07:07 PM.
    FiOS_Dan likes this.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads