Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Problem Playing MP4 from SD Card

Hi

I have been trying to put some movies on to my girlfriends Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 without any luck. The movies are copied to the PC from the origional DVD and then converted to MP4's. I have attached her Tab 2 via the USB cable and tried copying the MP4 to the SD card memory (32GB), I have tried this both letting it convert the file again its self and with copying the file as is (MP4). When I then go to a video player it shows a movie with no length and refuses to play it, this also happens when using an installed player such as moboplay.

Has anyone else experienced this or know of how to sort this so we can watch movies on the Tab 2?

Many thanks

Stuart

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi Stuart,

I think Astrix is on the right path suggesting alternative video apps. You might also want to look at the encoding of your mp4's - you might take a look at DVD Catalyst. Mitch does a grand job with his service & is very, very helpful.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi Just joined this forum and having the same problem, cant play .avi .mp4 etc. Thought it was down to the class of SD card used but after buying a Class 10, I'm still having a problem. Having said that I experimented and place a .avi film directly to the internal memory and it plays fine, even using the standard Video Player ? Anyone know why?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    OI would consider the quality of the card as they are not all created equal. There are some bogus cards out there. If you have a card reader for your PC you can use this program to test the card. Download H2testw - Test hacked flash memory - MyMPx
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi, I too can't play MP4 files, downloaded off you tube via tubemate, have tried loading from both sd card and tried putting files in 'movie' folder...all to no avail.
    They seem to be there on thumbnails dispay, all seems good, just refuse to actually play.
    Have tried MP4 video player pro, same issue.
    Help please, Thanks...

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by damodadevo View Post
    Hi, I too can't play MP4 files, downloaded off you tube via tubemate, have tried loading from both sd card and tried putting files in 'movie' folder...all to no avail.
    They seem to be there on thumbnails dispay, all seems good, just refuse to actually play.
    Have tried MP4 video player pro, same issue.
    Help please, Thanks...
    There is not reasonable explanation for them not playing. Have you tried MX Player? What type of error are you seeing?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi all, well problem seems to be resolved by greater adherence to having full battery...so watch that one guys....have twice had refusal to play
    which has been fixed on its own, but after I charged fully.Silly me....

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Hello all. I come to these sites to get some help but all they do is talk in conflicting tongues.
    I had the same problems of not being able to play mp4 movies from my sd card. It turns out that al sites were giving me rubbish.
    The problem stemmed from fact that I was using a 64gb card which according to Samsung is acceptable. I could not play movies with no player on earth.
    After a week of messing about work tablet, settings, formatting, I decided to try a smaller sd card namely a 32gb card. Behold a miracle, my problem was cured. Mp4 movies would play with the stock tab 3 player.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Use the utility IO posted in #5 to be certain that wasn't a bum card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads