Thread: Easy question - new to Android

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Smile Easy question - new to Android

Hi, I have tried to use my tablet to access my email via the web. Succeeded with 2 addresses but have an issue with the third. I must have accepted an autofill UPPER CASE address at sometime. My email does not like UPPER case. Now, even if I type in the correct lower case address, the application insists on UPPER CASE and overwrites mine!

How do I stop this please?

Thanks in advance from a VERY new user.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

Maybe not all that easy. Are you using a WEB browser? If so, which one? Is that happening using the same app (possibly the WEB browser), only on that one site?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    Welcome to the forum

Maybe not all that easy. Are you using a WEB browser? If so, which one? Is that happening using the same app (possibly the WEB browser), only on that one site?
    Hi, thanks for the response. I am using the (default) icon of the world (similar to internet explorer on windows) so don't actually know the name of the application.

I can use it with anything else with no problems.

Just for the Waitrose site, I am asked for a user name a password. When I put the cursor in the box to type and start typing I am given two default alternatives (one in lower case and one in upper case) I select the lower case option and it attempts to connect. It then replaces the lower case input with upper case characters and the site refuses me permission. Even if I type in the lower case option, the application replaces this with the upper case input.

Sorry if this is complicated.

Regards, Ian

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum. You may want to try another browser like Chrome. See if that works for you.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    @Octon

It almost sounds as i the WEB site is changing the case. Not only should you try a new browser but also make certain the browser is set to request desktop mode.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Thanks all for the responses. I'm currently travelling so not too quick with acknowledgement of your messages.

Yes, I could use a different browser but I'm an engineer - so I would really like to find the problem and solve it - we're dogged people!

I have looked at the settings and already stopped the auto-fill function but this didn't make any difference.

Trying another browser just seems to be a cop-out to me but maybe I'm just too set in my ways? I will see what I can do to remove the "default" upper case - maybe uninstall and re-install what I think is IE for Android?

Will let you know if this works, regards, Ian

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Despite your feeling that using another browser is a cop-out it certainly is something you should consider. There are lots of better browsers out there and I haven't used the stock browser since 2011. At least if you tried another one you would know the browser is at fault. But having looked at the site I think you would do well to try Firefox.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab

Easy question - new to Android

It is called "Browser".

Open the browser, tap the 3 vertical boxes in top right - Settings - privacy & security - clear form data
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I'm almost certain Frederuco has pined down the real problem/solution.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi, again, all. In priciple I completly agree that this would seem to be the solution - HOWEVER - been there, done that, got the tee-shirt. I had already tried "clear form data", "clear cache" and "clear history" - and this, I'm afraid, did nothing.

It may be that trying a different browser (which I have had to do before on Windows but then eventually went back to IE for various reasons) may now be the only solution.

Shame but there it might be.

Regards, Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads