Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    12097
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

    GT P3100 . Internal Memory Full

    I 've been using TAB 2 p3100(16gb) from last august .

    But these problems are making mad,

    1. Every 2-3 months my internal memory gets full (i.e. after i do factory reset).
    2. Issue is i dont use/download many applications- since this problem started.( I have added a screenshot, of storage details)
    3. I am using a 32GB card, hence all my data files - music, movies,photos are on my external disk only.
    4. Even after doing factory reset this problem creeps every 2 months.
    5. I've even tried cleaning cache memory , via file manager of every application.
    6. Every day, 100-120 mb, get piling up- i dont know from where but it ultimately clogs the complete internal memory.

    Please help me to resolve this issue,
    regards
    Kalyan
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    921
    Member #
    10030
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

    This sounds very odd to me - I think I would report what you are experiencing while you are still under warranty - see if Samsung can shed any light on it.

  3. #3
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    12868
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    dude i am facing the same problem...did urs get solved....if so then please let me know

  4. #4
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    13216
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

    memory full problem in samsung tab p3100

    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

    This sounds very odd to me - I think I would report what you are experiencing while you are still under warranty - see if Samsung can shed any light on it.
    i m also facing similar problem since last one month.,the problem is so serious that my gmail has stopped coming on tab.,also tab is hanging many times while surfing.it says delete unnecessary,i have deleted most of them,this means i have to visit service centre more often,pl suggest if this problem can be solved without going to service centre,

  5. #5
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    161
    Member #
    10104
    Liked
    33 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I would try installing the app Disk Usage. You may have to uninstall an app to allow it to install if it is full, but it gives an easy to read graphical interface of what is using your storage.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

    Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

  6. #6
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    13396
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

    Same issue, different manifestation

    Hi All,

    I too am facing "memory full" issue with my P3100 device. However the funny aspect is that all applications put together do not total upto the memory used.

    I have a 16 GB device and available memory is a little over 11 GB. Total size of applications that have been installed would be hardly 6 GB. Is it possible that cache folders are eating up about 5 GB of memory space. Would be obliged to anyone who could help with tips on clearing cache files.

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Devon, UK
    Posts
    921
    Member #
    10030
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Saravanan View Post
    Hi All,

    I too am facing "memory full" issue with my P3100 device. However the funny aspect is that all applications put together do not total upto the memory used.

    I have a 16 GB device and available memory is a little over 11 GB. Total size of applications that have been installed would be hardly 6 GB. Is it possible that cache folders are eating up about 5 GB of memory space. Would be obliged to anyone who could help with tips on clearing cache files.
    Welcome to the forum

    Bare in mind that the 16gb you describe will have 3gb+ taken up by Android, maybe even 4gb + when Touch Wiz and the Samsung tweaks to the OS are included. Then you have to add the included apps, so that would only give you around 11gb of free space to begin with.

  8. #8
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Member #
    13629
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Welcome to the forum

    Bare in mind that the 16gb you describe will have 3gb+ taken up by Android, maybe even 4gb + when Touch Wiz and the Samsung tweaks to the OS are included. Then you have to add the included apps, so that would only give you around 11gb of free space to begin with.
    Am also having the same problem.

    Even if the OS takes up 4GB+ space, it does not justify the space usage!!!!

    Anyone fixed this problem? If so, please share your trick. Thanks.

  9. #9
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    6
    Member #
    13629
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Saturdays View Post
    Am also having the same problem.

    Even if the OS takes up 4GB+ space, it does not justify the space usage!!!!

    Anyone fixed this problem? If so, please share your trick. Thanks.
    I had to reset my tab yesterday and its showing 11G B free now. I disabled backup feature in the tab, guess its causing the problems with memory.

  10. #10
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1
    Member #
    13655
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I also faced the issue earlier, and i was so frustrated that I want back to my old Nokia symbian phone. Then tried some googling and then found that the issue may be with Android jellybean. Altough my tab is in warranty, i have rooted it, and installed custom OS cyanogenmod, and it is now running smoothly.

    Also I have tried reverting back to ICS (4.0.4) and used for abt 1 month, it was too smooth and felt heaven after issues in jellybean,


 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

galaxy tab 2 memory full

,
galaxy tab memory full
,

gt p3100 memory full

,
how to free up space on my samsung gt p3100
,
p3100 memory full
,
p3100 storage full
,
samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 memory problems
,
samsung galaxy tab 2 memory problems
,

samsung gt p3100 internal memory

,

samsung tab 2 memory full

Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:28 AM.