Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By janner43

Thread: This is my own fault but would appreciate if there is a workaround...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

This is my own fault but would appreciate if there is a workaround...

I'm fairly certain I'm not the first idiot who has made this mistake, but I couldn't see a post that covered my question...

So like a genius I bought the galaxy tablet 2 7.0 which seems not to support hdmi output, one of my main intended uses for it was to connect it to my tv. As you can imagine it isn't a smart tv so the tablets wonderful ability to stream through smart tv's isn't an option either.

The only way I would be able to do it is with a direct cable connection, I know other samsung devices have this ability so I'm fairly gutted I picked the one product which doesn't appear to!

Can anyone suggest a fix? besides buying another one and taking time to read the specs! I'm not fussed about being able to view hdmi output so I'll consider any option that lets me play the tablet through my tv.

Thanks

G

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Welcome to the forum

I think the cheapest option for you would be to get a media streaming device that can connect to your TV via HDMI. If you make sure that any such device supports DLNA, then you can wirelessly stream from your Tab to your TV through that media player.

For example, I wanted to do the same sort of thing to our 5 year old, 1080p Panasonic plasma (not smart enabled). I discovered an app - iMediaShare (on the Play Store) - which supported DLNA streaming to the TV via my Xbox360 (effectively using it as a media player).

There are quite a few options & you may already have an Xbox360 or PS3 - both of which can be used with the app I mention. As can Apple TV. Other possibilities are a Roku or WDTV Live. There will likely be others as well, but getting one of them would add something you don't currently have & give you the functionality you need, so it may well be the most cost effective solution for you.

Food for thought, anyway...

All the best

Remove Ads

Ads