Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

WiFi Won't Turn On

So i recently bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 , everything was working perfect but then after i updated to JB my wifi didn't turn on.... if i go to settings , wifi and hit turn on it will display the message turning on ... adn it doesn't turn on.
    Please help me

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    33 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I would try rebooting to see if that helps.

If not, try backing up your apps and files (photos, documents, music, movies) and do a factory data reset.
    Asus Transformer 16 GB & Dock - Munching on Jelly Beans
    crApple iP*one 5 - Stock

Just once I want someone to call me Sir without adding you're making a scene.
    - Homer Jay Simpson

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    it still won't turn on, and when i try to turn on wi-fi from the tool bar it has a fadden green color instead of grey(off) and light green(on)

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    It may be time to take Frederuco's suggestion of the factory reset.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, its 1 1/2 years old. The wifi just quit. All it does now is try to turn on then turns off. The slider button goes over to be turned on but after a couple of minutes goes back over to off.
    I contacted Samsung support, they made a Service Request for me so I could send my tablet off to be repaired. According to the repair center in Plano Texas, I have to pay for shipping the tablet to them and pay for the shipping back to me, plus they wanted $99.00 to fix the tablet. All together its more to have the tablet fixed then it is to buy a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
    I contacted Samsung and they tried to extend the warranty for me so I could get the tablet fixed, but my tablet is too old, so call Samsung and see if they will extend the warranty for you. Myself I'm going to buy another Samsung tablet or maybe a IPAD, who knows.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeseer View Post
    So i recently bought a samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 , everything was working perfect but then after i updated to JB my wifi didn't turn on.... if i go to settings , wifi and hit turn on it will display the message turning on ... adn it doesn't turn on.
    Please help me
    Welcome to the site. Hope you were able to get this resolved.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by russto View Post
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, its 1 1/2 years old. The wifi just quit. All it does now is try to turn on then turns off. The slider button goes over to be turned on but after a couple of minutes goes back over to off.
    I contacted Samsung support, they made a Service Request for me so I could send my tablet off to be repaired. According to the repair center in Plano Texas, I have to pay for shipping the tablet to them and pay for the shipping back to me, plus they wanted $99.00 to fix the tablet. All together its more to have the tablet fixed then it is to buy a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.
    I contacted Samsung and they tried to extend the warranty for me so I could get the tablet fixed, but my tablet is too old, so call Samsung and see if they will extend the warranty for you. Myself I'm going to buy another Samsung tablet or maybe a IPAD, who knows.
    Welcome to the site. Let us know what you end up getting.

Remove Ads

Ads