Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Can't Get Tablet to Boot into Recovery/Download Mode

Hello,
    Hopefully I'm in the right place for posting something that seems to be this simple. The start of my problem is that the tablet will not stay off. When I try to shut it down, it shuts down normally, but then it starts to display the battery icons like it is plugged in and charging, but it is not connected to power. I can leave it in sleep mode and the charging thing will not happen, but turning it off displays the power charging screen and it further drains the battery. I figured something is screwy with the system so I would try to reset it to factory defaults. Now I have the other problem...
    So I am trying to restore to factory defaults and I know to do this I have to start from off and hold down the up volume and the power button for a few seconds and as soon as the tablet starts to turn on release the power button but not the volume up button, and it should get me into the recovery/download screen. Unfortunately that is not working. I hold down the Volume up button and briefly hold the power button (3 or 4 sec or so) and I see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 startup screen and let go of the power button (still holding the Volume up button). Next I see the spinning blue circle around the Samsung logo and the tablet reboots. I can release the volume up button at any time after that and the results are the same, it just reboots. It's like it isn't seeing the volume button.
    I have tried using the volume Down button instead of the volume up button but that too is just like I am not pushing any volume button at all. Once the tablet is on, the volume buttons function normally, so the switches are good.
    Since I got this tablet used could someone have loaded something onto it preventing it from being rebooted into recovery/download mode? Maybe some custom firmware or something. I'm at a loss as to where to go next. Since I can't boot into recovery/download mode I can't get into Odin.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Rick

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Pressing power button and volume down button does take my tab to the recovery mode.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by RLKnecht View Post
    Hello,
    Hopefully I'm in the right place for posting something that seems to be this simple. The start of my problem is that the tablet will not stay off. When I try to shut it down, it shuts down normally, but then it starts to display the battery icons like it is plugged in and charging, but it is not connected to power. I can leave it in sleep mode and the charging thing will not happen, but turning it off displays the power charging screen and it further drains the battery. I figured something is screwy with the system so I would try to reset it to factory defaults. Now I have the other problem...
    So I am trying to restore to factory defaults and I know to do this I have to start from off and hold down the up volume and the power button for a few seconds and as soon as the tablet starts to turn on release the power button but not the volume up button, and it should get me into the recovery/download screen. Unfortunately that is not working. I hold down the Volume up button and briefly hold the power button (3 or 4 sec or so) and I see the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 startup screen and let go of the power button (still holding the Volume up button). Next I see the spinning blue circle around the Samsung logo and the tablet reboots. I can release the volume up button at any time after that and the results are the same, it just reboots. It's like it isn't seeing the volume button.
    I have tried using the volume Down button instead of the volume up button but that too is just like I am not pushing any volume button at all. Once the tablet is on, the volume buttons function normally, so the switches are good.
    Since I got this tablet used could someone have loaded something onto it preventing it from being rebooted into recovery/download mode? Maybe some custom firmware or something. I'm at a loss as to where to go next. Since I can't boot into recovery/download mode I can't get into Odin.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Rick
    Im having the same issue, did you ever find a way around it?

Remove Ads

Ads