Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Password Locked

  1. #1
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    15046
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

    Password Locked

    My granddaughter has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB wiFi tablet that is password locked due to a forgotten password.
    The tablet was purchased before she came to live with me and no PC backup was ever made.
    There are no associated Samsung or gmail account apps for backup.
    How do we recover from password lock?
    If necessary how do we perform a hard reset?
    Does hard reset remove all user music, pics and apps?
    Thank your for your help.
    Bob Marquart

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Swainsboro, Georgia
    Posts
    440
    Member #
    14879
    Liked
    46 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMarquart View Post
    My granddaughter has a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 8GB wiFi tablet that is password locked due to a forgotten password.
    The tablet was purchased before she came to live with me and no PC backup was ever made.
    There are no associated Samsung or gmail account apps for backup.
    How do we recover from password lock?
    If necessary how do we perform a hard reset?
    Does hard reset remove all user music, pics and apps?
    Thank your for your help.
    Bob Marquart
    Hi Bob, sorry about your predicament! First thing to try is to put several arbitrary passwords to try to open it. You should then get a message from Google to input your account number and redo your password. If you mean a factory reset, yes, it will erase everything, it will be like the day it was purchased. Good luck, let us know how it goes!

  3. #3
    Cassiopeia
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2
    Member #
    15046
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Hi Bob, sorry about your predicament! First thing to try is to put several arbitrary passwords to try to open it. You should then get a message from Google to input your account number and redo your password. If you mean a factory reset, yes, it will erase everything, it will be like the day it was purchased. Good luck, let us know how it goes!
    That did not help. The device simply continues to ask for a password. Each entry gives me a wrong password message. Every 5th attempt gives me a message that I have entered wrong password N times and requires a 30 second wait before another attempt. Current count 70 attempts.

  4. #4
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Swainsboro, Georgia
    Posts
    440
    Member #
    14879
    Liked
    46 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMarquart View Post
    That did not help. The device simply continues to ask for a password. Each entry gives me a wrong password message. Every 5th attempt gives me a message that I have entered wrong password N times and requires a 30 second wait before another attempt. Current count 70 attempts.
    Whoa, sorry about that! Hate to say this, but a factory reset may be your only option!


 

Remove Ads

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

how to unlock samsung galaxy tab 2 forgot password
,
password is locked galaxy tab 7
,
samsung galaxy tab 2 tablet password locked
,

samsung galaxy tab password locked

,
samsung tab2 forgot password
Click on a term to search our site for related topics.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2020 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:28 PM.