Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Unhappy Tablet Damaged by Liquid

Hi last night i was at a party and using my samsung tablet for music long story short it got some liquid on it (I believe vodka) it wasn't soaked but the screen was a bit wet and the back also it wasn't enough to damage it so I'm sure there must have been more that got inside the tablet, when I realised I tried to turn it on and it worked fine for about 20 minutes then restarted it turned off and back on again (as it should in a restart) but just before it was about to go to the home screen it turned off and started again (went off began to load then just before it was about to get yo the home screen turned off again) I didn't know what was happening so I left it and it continued doing this for hours until the battery was dead so I left it to dry all night, in the morning I tried charging it and it did the same thing but this time a picture of a battery came up on screen (it has always done this while charging) it stayed for a few seconds then the screen went black for a bit and the picture of the battery came back up, this carried on so I unplugged it and left it turned off in a container of dried rice for a few hours and here I am now I understand thats there's probably nothing I can do but can I send it away somewhere where it can get fixed or where any damaged parts can be replaced, or maybe even if there is something I can do???? (I live in England by the way) I am very sad because this tablet is very important to me it contains very important things including temperamental things such as pictures. Thanks for any help in advance.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Welcome to the forum, really sorry about your accident! I believe your files are still there, but your probably correct, either Samsung or a general repair shop will need to diagnose it. I know of a repair shop in the USA, but you could probably find on closer to you. Touchy question, did you happen to make a backup of your files? If you haven't, make sure to tell who's going to work on it that you would like to keep them, if possible.

P.S. - I'm sure it was unintentional, but you had a duplicate of this thread, which is forbidden on this forum. I deleted it!
    Last edited by sculptedstylus; 12-22-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Ok thanks for your help and sorry I didnt realise I had done that

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Sorry to read of your difficulty, Tim

I suggest persevering with the dry rice in a sealed bag routine in a warm room for 48 hours. Then try powering on your device again. If that fails then you could try connecting the device to a PC to see if you could retrieve your information. As far as paying for a repair is concerned, the cost of a repair (if it needs it) is going to be much more than your device is really worth in terms, as you can replace it with a 3rd gen Tab for 99 at the moment.

All the best

Remove Ads

Ads