Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0

Exclamation Wireless Connection Not Working for 2 Identical Tab 2.0 7 inch

Each of my sons have an identical Galaxy Tab 2.0 7-inch unit, and the wifi connectivity at home stopped working today on both devices. However, my ipad and PC connect just fine. Both tabs show that they are connected with very strong signal strength. Link speed is 65 mbps. Security WPA/WPA2 PSK.
    I have the settings locked down so that the kids can't even touch them.

I have reset the router and modem, turned the tabs on and off multiple times, turned their wifi on and off, "forgotten" the wifi network several times and re-connected to it. Since it's not just one unit that stopped working--both units have suddenly stopped being able to connect at the same time--I expect that there must be something going on from internet side (modem, router, Comcast, something).

Please help! Thanks.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

I'd like to know what you mean when you say it's locked down. My guess is something to do with the router. From what you said you did on the tablet the only reason for it not to be working is an app that was installed on both and I feel that's unlikely. I suggest you try connecting to a public hotspot to double check.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I have an app called "App Lock" that allows me to put a PIN on specific apps and settings and such. I've had that installed for a long time without issue. I also did not touch anything on my router. The tabs worked this morning, then we spent the day away, where one of the kids took his tab but did not connect to their wifi (didn't try), then when we returned neither tab could connect. Technically, the tabs say they're connected, it's just that they don't actually connect when using the web browser or trying to connect on google play or anything else that needs an internet connection.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I still think the router sounds like the problem but I do have a suggestion. The first would have been to forget the connection and try again but you said you did that. So, try inputting fixed IP and DNS information in that WiFi connection settings/advanced.

It sound like you didn't make and recent changes to the app locker so my suggestion of trying am open WiFi is still a good one if this suggestion doesn't work. For simplicity you can use 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 for the DNS. That's a Google public DNS server.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hmmm. So, I tried going into the settings to change the DNS number as you suggested, but that didn't allow the "connect" button to be clickable. However, I noticed that the IP address was changeable (under the Static setting). I compared the IP to the one my ipad was connected to (and working just fine with), and they ended in different numbers. I tried using the same digits that the ipad was using, and voila, I was finally able to get a real connection. Now, after closing the settings app, I see that the ipad again has a different IP address from the tabs. Both tabs have the same number, and I think it is the same number they had to being with, when they weren't working. But that change seems to have dislodged whatever was blocking it from connecting. Bizarre. Thanks for the help. My kids will be happy tomorrow!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Glad to hear it;s working. That's all that counts.

Remove Ads

Ads