Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

USB Adapter help..

I have searched the forums for an answer to my problem without success and I'm hoping someone will come up with a solution.

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 - model GT-N8010 - to which I am trying to connect an external USB membory stick via an adapter pluuged in to the charging port.

On connectiing the adapter (with memory stick inserted) I see a notification that says "USB adapter connected" in the notification area. Problem is, I cannot see where to access the files on the memory stick.
    I have tried various solutions as offered by this forum but with no success. One suggestion was to look in folder "storages". This doesn't exist on my device.
    I have tried three different file managers. I have tried booting device whilst adapter is connected and also the alternative method of connecting after booting.
    I have tried a variety of memory sticks all with known files on them - still no success in reading them.

For info, the adapter is a third-party device listed as "30 pin to female USB OTG adapter cable for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet PC"

It seems the device recognises the adapter by I cannot for the life of me find the files..

Any and all help appreciated.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    46 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Welcome to the forum Grouchy! This may be an obvious question, but did you tap on the notification, that should take you to the file

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by sculptedstylus View Post
    Welcome to the forum Grouchy! This may be an obvious question, but did you tap on the notification, that should take you to the file
    Thanks... Yes, I did click on the notification - whhich only appears for a few seconds - and nothing happened.

I have tried various combinations of booting with it in place, not in place etc.. and also different memory sticks.

I'm beginning to wonder if the adapter is either faulty or incompatible with my device.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    It does sound as if the cable may be the problem. When you purchased it did it specifically say it would work with your Galaxy Tab? Not all of those cables that look alike work the same due to different pinouts in the cable.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    I had a very similar experience with a third party adapter for our Tab2 7.0 - the adapter fitted & was recognised with the " USB adapter connected " in the notification area, but like you no file manager could see anything on the USB stick.

A quick support note to the supplier brought the response that the adapter was faulty. They sent out another immediately & didn't even want me to return the faulty one. When the new one arrived it worked first time and in a completely obvious manner.

I recommend reporting back to whomever you purchased it from & asking for a replacement.

Hope that helps & all the best

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by leeshor View Post
    It does sound as if the cable may be the problem. When you purchased it did it specifically say it would work with your Galaxy Tab? Not all of those cables that look alike work the same due to different pinouts in the cable.
    Yes, it did state it would work. I have sent a contact request to the supplier in the hope of a replacement.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    I had a very similar experience with a third party adapter for our Tab2 7.0 - the adapter fitted & was recognised with the " USB adapter connected " in the notification area, but like you no file manager could see anything on the USB stick.

A quick support note to the supplier brought the response that the adapter was faulty. They sent out another immediately & didn't even want me to return the faulty one. When the new one arrived it worked first time and in a completely obvious manner.

I recommend reporting back to whomever you purchased it from & asking for a replacement.

Hope that helps & all the best

I have dropped an email to the supplier and await their response.

Thnaks to all for the help and advice.

Remove Ads

Ads