Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

Battery Charge Does Not Last Long

Apologies if this has been addressed already. My Galaxy is about 20 months old . It takes about 4/5 hours to charge , but it takes less than that for it to lose the charge.
    I have put all the things in place to save battery power , and all i use it for is games ( downloaded from Samsung store) and listening to music. I do a lot of night work in hospital and its a lot of sitting around , so i find it is a godsend for that.
    I use the proper charger that came with the device and i also keep what i have saved on the device to a minimum , its only music and games and about 15 pictures.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Your charging time seems OK. Can you be more specific regarding the things you say you have put in place to reduce battery drain?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    I have put it onto flight mode. Put the system on saver mode i:e dimmed the screen brightness down and turned of the bluetooth and the wi-fi.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    If all you did was put it into airplane mode how long does a charge last?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Hi again

Two things spring to mind...
    1) Screen brightness is the biggest culprit for battery life. In bright sunny conditions, a screen on "auto brightness" will use a battery in around 5 hours. If manually set to 50-60% brightness it will last 10 hours.
    2) A battery as old as yours will probably by now be down to around 70% of its new capacity. So if the original optimum battery life was 8-10 hours, it would now be down to as little as 6 hours.

(Moved from Tab 2 Help to Note Help)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Sorry for the delay in answering , but yes you are right my battery lasts for only 5 hours at most. I know this ,cos some of my work involves night work where i'll be sitting around for hours watching people and i will have the TAB on playing music and it dont even last half a 12 hour shift.
    If it is the battery , where am i to purchase a new one please?.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I can't say for certain the battery is the issue without knowing what else is going on. If the music is on the tab and it isn't doing other background stuff like checking mail I would think it should last longer. If it's on your internal memory are you turning off WiFi and the screen? Don't have an answer on finding a battery.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    If your screen (auto brightness? 70% or higher?) & wifi is on when you are playing the music then I doubt that the 5 hours is anything unusual.

If your screen is off (even if your wifi is on) then it is very short...

As for changing the battery... I wouldn't bother. You'll be better advised to sell it to CeX and buy a replacement.

One other thought springs to mind, however. If the device is still registered with Samsung then in the UK their tablets have a 24month warranty. You might try telephoning Samsung support (the number is on their website) as if it is covered & they determine the battery is not up to their specifications, they would repair it (change the battery) for you under warranty.

All the best

Remove Ads

Ads