Thread: [SOLVED] Flickering Horizonal Screen problem

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

[SOLVED] Flickering Horizonal Screen problem

Hi, My gt-7510 has flickering horizontal lines so bad you can see the anything. I did a system restore and it did not fix this problem. Its fine when I first turn it on , very nice and clear then it starts with horizontal lines flickering after about 2 minutes. Contacted Samsung and of course my warranty is out! I purchased this in Aug of 2011 and I can honestly say I only have about 70 hrs of play on this tablet, Im just sick I paid 499.00 for this and I thought it should last me a long time. Any suggestions? ...Is it possible the ribbon that connects the screen to mother is loose ?.....help?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

You posted 2 threads with the same subject and still missed getting it into the Note 10 forum, which is where I'm moving this. Please do NOT post twice about the same problem. It only serves to clutter the forum.

I hope you get an answer.....
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Is it flickering the whole time after it booted up, or is it only when you're using cetain apps? What about when you boot it up and just leaving it there without loading anything?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk 4 beta

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Hi tweebee, yes it does the same when I boot it up, stays clear for about 30 to 45 sec then the lines start and then the are all over the screen cant see anything. May take it to bestbuy where I purchased it and see if the geeks can give me an answer, I know they will charge an arm and leg to fix it and will have way to much money in it, wish I could fix it myself. Will try to get a pic uploaded here so you can see , thanks Kindly

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    That appears to be a hardware related issue, though I'm a little curious because you said it doesn't start until 30-45 seconds after booting up.

If Samsung doesn't support it due to it being out of warranty, I guess the only other options would be to take it to Best Buy and or try to open it and fix it yourself. I would try the GeekSquad at Best Buy first though.

I hope you can get your tablet fixed.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Thanks, well the darn thing stayed on for about 1/2 hr perfect! Then slowly I got horizontal lines again. Any suggestions????/ Darn thing got me puzzled

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I would say you have a possible heat related hardware problem but to rule out a serious app issue you could try a factory reset. Make certain you save your data somewhere off the tablet.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Did factory reset, hmmmmm...prolly take it to BestBuy and talk to te geeksquad

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Well Folks!...Took it to bestbuy geeks and they said I had to pay to ship it out and get it fixed caused it was a hardware problem soooooo! After searching the internet I decided to open it and take a look at it myself and guess what its FIXED and I did it all myself! Its a very easy fix! So to all you out there having this problem you can do it yourself. Heres how! Take it apart and there are three ribbons, the one that says LCD, where it connects it says set, pull it out and push it in real tight using a pair of tweezers to push it in and it should solve your problem. Here is a very informative link to see how to take your Galaxy 10.1 GT-7510 apart I will be sooo looking forward to hearing from some of you to see if you fixed it. After searching and searching and reading forums I took it upon my self and FINALLY conquered my quest! Im so freakn happy and its working better then ever! Good Luck : )
    janner43 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads