Thread: Password

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1

Password

Ok....so I can not remember the password to unlock my Galaxy Note Tablet. I don't want to lose the pictures and videos that are on there....can anyone help???
    Last edited by Jeffrey; 08-29-2013 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Removed personal e-mail address

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the Forum. I removed your e-mail address for your own protection. As for your password. If you keep trying to unlock your tab 5-6 times you should get a Forgot Password message.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    You will get that prompt to enter your Google account info only if it is connected to WiFi, Otherwise the factory reset may be your best option. In the future don't store anything on the tablet you don't have a copy of somewhere else. (now you tell me)

Photos are easy to save in the cloud with DropBox and can be automated.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Hi,

My Galaxy tab is not recognizing my password so it seems that I have changed the password from the one I have written in my "password" book.

If I cannot find the new password, can I try 5 times and then get a 'forgot password' message? What happen then? Do I get a new password sent to my gmail account?

PS my post should be in the Galaxy Tab 10.1 section....not note 8......sorry,
    Last edited by jw1947aa; 10-22-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    I just tried entering a wrong password 5 or 6 times and I just got error message asking me to try again in 30 seconds?

Vega
    Member #
    Liked
    104 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by jw1947aa View Post
    I just tried entering a wrong password 5 or 6 times and I just got error message asking me to try again in 30 seconds?
    Are you connected to your WIFI?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Wifi seems to be connected and when I power up, the tab beeps as if it is receiving email.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Eventually, you will be asked to enter the Google account password that you have associated with your Google account on your device.

You should get a prompt with ‘forgot password’ or ‘forgot pattern’. "Forgot password" has to be tapped when prompted. It will show you a new screen where you enter your Google account details along with the password for that account. This account is the one your device has been registered with Google.
    Last edited by janner43; 10-23-2013 at 06:23 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Eventually, you will be asked to enter the Google account password that you have associated with your Google account on your device.

You should get a prompt with ‘forgot password’ or ‘forgot pattern’. "Forgot password" has to be tapped when prompted. It will show you a new screen where you enter your Google account details along with the password for that account. This account is the one your device has been registered with Google.
    I do have a Google account and G-mail, however, I do not remember specifically registering the device. Is this some automated process?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    hahaha, a funny thing happened.

I was typing in random letters to try and prompt the "lost password" response and got up to [you have entered 20 wrong passwords], when I happened to type in the correct password.

It was just "*******".....simple eh?

I would not have found that without the suggestions from the forum.

My Tab is now working correctly but I have another question which I will start in a new thread in the correct section.

THANK YOU........
    Last edited by leeshor; 10-23-2013 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Deleted password

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads