Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 7.0

Computer Transfer Problems

Hello -

A friend brought over his Galaxy Tab 3 256GB last night for me to help him transfer files from his computer to his tablet. He's using Windows 7. Here's what I tried:

1) I connected the Galaxy Tab via USB and was able to transfer files after the computer mounted the GT as a USB drive. However, there was only 1.38GB available and this is supposed to be a 256GB unit. I saw this 1.38GB amount listed as the RAM for the unit. How can I access the rest of the memory?

2) I downloaded Kies and installed that, but Kies wouldn't recognize the USB connection to the Tab. I ran through the USB connection fix procedures in Kies, but had no luck. I tried reinstalling the software, but had the same results. I searched around on multiple forums, and it seems that I'm not alone with this problem. I also tried using the Wifi transfer, but that didn't work.

3) On the GT itself, there are some settings which are quite confusing. There are three different USB modes. I tried all with Kies, but none of them worked. I tried transferring from the Internal Storage to what looked like the SD card, but it turned out the SD card was actually for an extra SD card, not the 256GB that's supposed to be there.

How can I get to the rest of the memory?

I'm lost. I'm very good with computers, but I could really use some guidance. Any help would be appreciated!

Take care -

Kyle

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum Kyle

Unfortunately I didn't read your post beyond your second mention of the 256GB. Not possible. That's where the problem starts.

If you go to settings - storage, you will find out how much space the tablet has. My guess is 32GB.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Remove Ads

Ads