Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Unwanted Homepage Button/Bar in Browser

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Thank you. I wonder if I can "reinstall" the stock browser? Anybody know how to do that?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by tcp491016 View Post
    Thank you. I wonder if I can "reinstall" the stock browser? Anybody know how to do that?
    I'm afraid you can't do that with native apps...unless you're rooted. Don't mean to pester you, but did you try another browser?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Go to settings - accounts. Tap your Google account then your mail address and see if you see something called admob. If so tap it and incheck it. If that isn't it there is an app on the Google Store called airpush detector that may help ID the culprit.
    sculptedstylus likes this.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    My wife took Tablet on business trip for a few days so stand by. But, in the meantime, I am amazed that "nobody" seems to know what this is. I can't be the only person in the world with this thing. If I have it, hundreds and thousands of other people have it too. Surely somebody has complained and somebody has IDed it.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    OK, I did both of those things and and nothing was found. The problem is still there!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I wish I could be more help but I'm guessing something is installed that's causing the problem and it may, (with all we have suggested and you have tried) be nearly impossible to track down. You may want to consider a factory reset option.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    OK, I did both of those things and and nothing was found. The problem is still there!
    Once again, have you tried another browser? Even if you don't want to use another one, it would be helpful to know if it happens with another one!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    I don't know how to try another browser, and I'm concerned that I won't be able to switch back. Can you point me to some instructions?
    For that matter, I am not SURE which browser I am using. I don't know how to tell. I just assume it is the stock browser.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    48 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    I don't know how to try another browser, and I'm concerned that I won't be able to switch back. Can you point me to some instructions?
    For that matter, I am not SURE which browser I am using. I don't know how to tell. I just assume it is the stock browser.
    It is super simple, just go to the Play store and download one. They are all free, and I promise you it's a simple matter to uninstall it. You can do it from your Settings>Application manager, or you can go back to the Play store and just tap uninstall. If you took a poll on this forum, I'll bet the majority of members have, and use several browsers...each has there own attributes...and most claim that they are usually better than the native browser. I've tried oodles of them! The ones that are on my devices presently are Boat, Dolphin, and Puffin https://play.google.com/store/search...android&c=apps Please let us know if you see double with another browser!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    I have Chrome installed. So I tried that and it works fine. It asks me if I want to make Chrome the default browser. I *could* do that, but I don't know how to go back if I want to do that - so I have not done it yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads