Thread: Unwanted Homepage Button/Bar in Browser

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8

Unwanted Homepage Button/Bar in Browser

My default browser has recently started showing an extra navigation bar under the main address bar. It has two arrow buttons (redundant with address bar) and a homepage button. I don't know where it came from or how to get rid of it.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by tcp491016 View Post
    My default browser has recently started showing an extra navigation bar under the main address bar. It has two arrow buttons (redundant with address bar) and a homepage button. I don't know where it came from or how to get rid of it.
    Welcome to the forum! When you say the default browser, I'm guessing you're referring to the native Internet, that came with your tablet, right? Is it actually two address input areas, one on top of the other? A screen shot sure would help! You might try clearing the cache and data and seeing if that helps.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Yes, default browser. I just went to settings and cleared everything I could. Did not help. How do I do a screenshot? Also, could this be from a plugin I inadverntly installed? Is there a way to see a list of installed plugins?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Yes, default browser. I just went to settings and cleared everything I could. Did not help. How do I do a screenshot? Also, could this be from a plugin I inadverntly installed? Is there a way to see a list of installed plugins?
    How to take a screenshot
    Hold down the Power key and the Home key simultaneously until you hear the shutter sound.
    You can also use the S-Pen. You can take a screenshot by pressing and holding the S-Pen button and then touching the screen until you hear the shutter sound. If you want to annotate the screenshot before saving, then tap and hold the S-Pen on the screen with the button depressed.
    Something else you could try is go to Internet Settings>Content settings, and tap Reset settings to restore default settings. That might get rid of whatever changed your browser, and bring it back to the way it was. Let us know if that does the trick!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Resetting content settings does not help. I took a screenshot. How do I post it here or email it to you?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Resetting content settings does not help. I took a screenshot. How do I post it here or email it to you?
    To post an image, you tap the third icon from the right on the reply tool bar. If you're on your tablet you'll find it in screenshots in the gallery.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    It is not part of Google. It appears on all web pages.

Screenshot_2014-02-03-17-03-02.jpg

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    It is not part of Google. It appears on all web pages.

Screenshot_2014-02-03-17-03-02.jpg
    The same kind of thing happened to me on my PC. Sometimes downloading a program, it will sneak something like that into the browser. It seems as if you could get rid of it in the browser's settings, maybe content settings, but I'm not sure where it would be. I've got one more suggestion, install a third party browser, like Boat or Dolphin, and see if it appears.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    I want to use THIS browser and I want this thing gone. I have searched on the Internet and I can find no reference to it. All I can find is people whining about NOT having a home icon. Surely, SOMEBODY must know what this is and where it came from. SIGH.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    I want to use THIS browser and I want this thing gone. I have searched on the Internet and I can find no reference to it. All I can find is people whining about NOT having a home icon. Surely, SOMEBODY must know what this is and where it came from. SIGH.
    I really apologize for not being more helpful, hopefully a techier person than I will come along. Why not, just as an experiment, try installing that third party browser, just to see if it disappears. You can always uninstall it afterward. In the mean time, I'll try to alert the mods to your plight!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads