Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1

Body of Emails Disappearing!

Hello, newbie here! I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I swear there is a glitch or something wrong with the email software. When somebody sends me an email, if I hit "reply" back to them, the entire body of the email disappears and only what I write in my reply remains. But when I hit "forward" and retype in all the recipients' names, the body of the email remains! What could this be from? It's driving me crazy and it's annoying when there are so many recipients or there are recipients that are not in my contacts. I've already updated my software to the latest one I can get......4.0.4. I've already spoken to Samsung and they say it's the email service providers problem. So I speak to the service provider and they say it's a Samsung software issue. It's happening to both my Samsung Tablet and my Samsung smartphone. I tried using a third party email app and it stopped happening! Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and how to fix it because I really like the Samsung email program. Phew, that was long winded! Thank you.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by gigglepot View Post
    Hello, newbie here! I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I swear there is a glitch or something wrong with the email software. When somebody sends me an email, if I hit "reply" back to them, the entire body of the email disappears and only what I write in my reply remains. But when I hit "forward" and retype in all the recipients' names, the body of the email remains! What could this be from? It's driving me crazy and it's annoying when there are so many recipients or there are recipients that are not in my contacts. I've already updated my software to the latest one I can get......4.0.4. I've already spoken to Samsung and they say it's the email service providers problem. So I speak to the service provider and they say it's a Samsung software issue. It's happening to both my Samsung Tablet and my Samsung smartphone. I tried using a third party email app and it stopped happening! Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this and how to fix it because I really like the Samsung email program. Phew, that was long winded! Thank you.
    Welcome to the forum Gigglepot (hee-hee)! Try scrolling down and see if the original email isn't there. I just tried it on my Note 10.1 2014, and was just below the reply area.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Nope, still not there, but I don't have a Note, I just have a Tab 10.1, using 4.0.4. My friends get irritated with me, wondering if I'm deleting all the previous message before I reply back. Of course I say I'm not and therefore now have to hit "forward" so that all their names remain and all the original text remains.

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    45 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by gigglepot View Post
    Nope, still not there, but I don't have a Note, I just have a Tab 10.1, using 4.0.4. My friends get irritated with me, wondering if I'm deleting all the previous message before I reply back. Of course I say I'm not and therefore now have to hit "forward" so that all their names remain and all the original text remains.
    Although I had the Note, I figured that the email app would be the same on both devices. Curious, why not just stick with a third party email software, it it works? I personally don't use the native email app, using Enhanced Email, instead.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Only because I'm so used to the Samsung email app.......just wish they would fix it or someone would tell me it happens to them too, so I don't think I'm losing it!!! Lol

Remove Ads

Ads