Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: The Official "I Got My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" Thread

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    picked me 2 up yesterday, a 32 gb metallic which was DOA (wouldn't turn on) so I had to swap for a 16gb and I'm testing that out along with my Xoom. So far the Tab is so light and thin it's kind of freaky and the screen is much more crisp than my Xoom. Testing continues...

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I picked up mine at Best buy yesterday. Only one store had limited supply. I'm having a hard time putting this device down. Can't wait till there are more apps for honeycomb.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got home from BB with mine. Went to charge it and noticed that the output from the wall "wart" is USB! So that got me to wondering if I could charge the tab from any USB device. I plugged it into the back of my Logitech Squeezebox. I got a "charging" message on the Tab, so all looked good. Then the screen went black and I couldn't do anything to bring it back to life, even when plugged into an AC outlet. So, I put it back on the USB charge (rear of the squeezebox) and ignored it for awhile. Ten minutes later I hit the power button and it came alive. So, I'm thinking that it was just too dead to respond to anything, and it needed a minimal charge to display anything. Right now it's still plugged in that way, it comes on when I ask it to, and I get the charging icon when I turn it off.

Going to a play in a while so I'm resisting firing it up. But I'll be in bed late tonite after getting home!

dave

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just got mine at BB today - store had stock of more than 30 or so last night, mostly 16s. By the time I got there, approx 2 pm, there were only 3 left! Starting to play - want to find a good pdf reader and prop it up on my digital piano so I can read my scanned music! Among other uses, of course Got a gray 16. They had 19 in white, all gone.

kailin

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Got mine at BB tonight. 16gig, gray, they were sold out of white. I have an iPad 1 which is fine but the benefits of Honeycomb over iOs are numerous. I tried the Xoom and returned it to BB before the 2 weeks was up. It just wasnt ready for market IMO, many of the guys on xoomforums refer to themselves as beta testers. Sad but true.

So far after one nights use I can tell you the GT is far more polished than the Xoom and the overall design is better. The user experience just seems smoother even though they are both running 3.1. Xoom has two speakers facing back and are hard to hear, iPad has one on the side, GT has one on each side. I was surprised at how well it sounds. In comparison, the GT screen blows the Xoom away. Bright, colorful, crisp and clear. The Xoom was kinda washed out and pale. So far I think this is the one that will have me putting the iPad up for sale.

Interested to see what MutantCheese decides.
    Last edited by Evilspock; 06-19-2011 at 03:21 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just returned my Xoom Wi-fi to Costco (had it 80 days) and ordered the Galaxy from Amazon. With free shipping and no tax it's worth a few days wait I think. I'll be without a tablet for a while but that's ok (I guess)...

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Got mine yesterday after a long hunt and the fact that where I am at they didn't come out on Friday. Its awesome I am am having a very hard time leaving it alone!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Born on date : June 17 2011
    32 giger

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Congrats to everyone who picked up the tab!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    i already have a Google IO tab (white P7510) and went to check out the new ones at Frys' - saw the gray metallic like finish - looked really cool (mine was white) - and i noticed the ojes at Frys were model number P7510 which is the same as my GIO -
    i thought the consumer version was gonig to be P7500 - the reason being there are some cases for P7500 and very few for P7510 - just curious anyone got a P7500?

Quote Originally Posted by wicked View Post
    Congrats to everyone who picked up the tab!

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads