Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How Are You Using/Going to Use Your Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    My father died at the end of Feb and as executor of his estate and will I needed something portable, light and easy to get around with with long barry life. The ipad was the only real choice at the time but it just isn't a workhorse, it's an Android wannabe.
    I am using my Tab to do all that the ipad falls short on. I going the ipad to be a great device for killing time playing games but still had to use my Inc for heavy lifting until Sunday.
    I use it for pretty much everything but games, have found that most on my phone apps work just fine.the Kindle app works great, TapaTalk works great and the usual web and other great stuff about my phone are only better on this tablet.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would like to figure out a way to remote access a PC on a 4G network from my Tab that is on a 4G network. This will allow me to place my PC in a weather tight enclosure and continue working from a dry location myself rather than setting up tarps and hanging out in the cold with my equipment. Any ideas how to pull this off?

Other than that it will be a utility to access resources to entertain myself and my family.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Splashtop

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    My galaxy is used for web browsing, word processing, email and text messages! I use it for everything, in fact it's easier to talk about my notebook computer and what I do with it . The only things I do with my notebook is a simple grocery list I use for shopping and for printing everything including from the tablet. I am now using voice to text to input most of my typing. This entire statement what input by speech, with only minor corrections needed.

Al

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlPeaston View Post
    My galaxy is used for web browsing, word processing, email and text messages! I use it for everything, in fact it's easier to talk about my notebook computer and what I do with it . The only things I do with my notebook is a simple grocery list I use for shopping and for printing everything including from the tablet. I am now using voice to text to input most of my typing. This entire statement what input by speech, with only minor corrections needed.

Al
    Nice! What app do you use for voice input?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I'm actually just using the stock one that comes with the galaxy. I just hit the microphone key on any keyboard, ( this iwas dictated from the voice to speech engine).

I've even used it while working on my novel. I can dictate up to 5 pages a day this way!

I have "Dragon Dictate" on my iPhone but it doesn't seem to be available for my galaxy. Too bad, it is actually slightly better then this one!

Al

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Have you tried Color Notes on your Tab? I started with it on my phone and added it to my Tab as well. A very useful free app for lists and sticky type notes
    thanks for the mic tip. I'm using it now to make this reply

Support Our Troops!!
    Sent from an Incredible phone via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 11-13-2011 at 01:32 PM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    The program I use for my shopping list is built in microsoft access and there is no android program that will run it, unfortunately! I've looked in the app store for an equivalent program but haven't found any yet. So, until then I'll be using my notebook for that.

This was dictated, and created through my voice recognition software icluding the punctuation marks .

Al

Rap
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I would like to use it completely for business, but I do need Java to login to My bank. So unfortunally it is impossible for me to skip the laptop.
    Last edited by Rap; 11-14-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    SGT-10.1 comes with flash pre-installed. You should be able to access your bank without a problem.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads