Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: How Are You Using/Going to Use Your Galaxy Tab 10.1?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I bought mine for work, but play on it more than anything. For work, I fill out and email my survey reports onsite. I use it for some presentations, sharing tech sheets, remote access to my pc, etc.

For play, I have been watching the wonder years on amazon.com (free for prime members), I got hulu.com working on dolphin browser thanks to someone over at XDA, watch the sunday ticket on it, and do all of my fantasy football stuff on it.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    After today's update I will be using it as a door stop...
    Last edited by AlPeaston; 11-14-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlPeaston View Post
    After today's update I will be using it as a door stop...
    Lol sorry not laughing at your issues but i just found this comment too funny

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I am using it to remotely control digital mixing consoles, such as Yamaha LS9 and M7. It is great to set the console at the side of the stage and then go out front with my little tablet and mix the show. Any tablet could do this, but with my Samsung, I am on T-Mobile 4g as well and I have found this helpful to get online and download manuals and stage plots. I use it for all the other tablet stuff as well!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    not sure why I got mine, just had to have one, I have two samsung laptops, which have been faultless, now I have to learn how to use it, for what I do not know..................it is a shame..............but it is a nice bit of gear...........

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Mine will be used as an eReader every night, galaxay sII has been ok but I'm just starting to need glasses to see the text now.
    Old age catching up with me. Could increase font size but fancied a bigger screen anyway.
    I will also stream films/TV series/music to it via DLNA as I currently do to the SII when her indoors is watching girly cr@p, I'm in the bath or having an early night.
    Video play back for the 8hr ferry trips that we take 5 times a year. Will also be a remote for various networked Samsung devices around the house.

In short it should get plenty of use

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikelos View Post
    not sure why I got mine, just had to have one, I have two samsung laptops, which have been faultless, now I have to learn how to use it, for what I do not know..................it is a shame..............but it is a nice bit of gear...........
    I take donations of unused tablets

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Well I'm hoping to be able to utilize it in as many places and ways as possible. I couldn't justify buying a 3G/4G model due to the price increase and I was getting a bit scared off of it from what I've read about the way corporations want to limit what users can actually do on their 3G/4G networks.

Anywho, there seems to be a plethora of accessible public wifi areas and I'm hoping it continues to be free (sometimes it's there because of our taxes, but this I don't mind paying for) so I can bring the GalTab along whenever I go out.

I have a Netflix account so if the wifi speeds are good enough I can even stream that content. Streaming Netflix at only 6mbps (download) seems to work fine for me, hopefully most places do at least that.

I've always been a hardcover book buyer but now I'm rethinking that. Usually I purchase non-fiction works, resource stuff that I'll either want to review myself or even be able to borrow out to others. Amazon appears to be allowing this borrow function now, so that and the fact online downloads are usually less expensive might just tip the balance towards only getting electronic books henceforth. I've already gotten several e-books.

Guess I"m figuring this device will really keep me connected and for now that's what I want. Ironically I used to be a real privacy advocate. Since 9/11 and the so-called Patriot Acts, etc. I've basically thrown in the towel. For example, instead of always using Scroogle as my search engine or having googlesucks as a password I even have a Google account now. So much for principles right? Yeah. I know.

Now I've got virtually all the settings on my GalTab set to find where I am, all the time.

On the plus side, it's easier to find bars.
    Last edited by Beeblebrox; 12-07-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: need to keep at least one towel

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Internet , navigation (i am a driver) movies, socializing (chat) and all you can do on the road !
    SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB 10.1/GT-P7500/3.1/WIFI/3G/NON ROOTED/VODAFONE.RO

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Yes, I use it for work.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads