Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Galaxy Tab 10.1 “Moisture” / “Oil Slick” Problem?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Newton Rings

Leaving it overnight in the fridge worked for my Tab10.1. However it is a tempory fix only as the Newton Rings came back a few days later. Back to the fridge! Not a great advert for the product Samsung.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    if their is a batch or series serial or model no. that tablet 10.1 have this oil slick problem?

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    i just noticed mine has now has an "oil slick" issue...after reading this thread a few months ago, i checked my tab immediately however, there was none and sighed relief. After that I checked it periodically, and nothing has come up so far till tonight. I instantly looked for my receipt and noticed i thankfully did by the extended warranty and will be going to the store after work for a replacement.

Just wanted to know if anyone knew any backup tip(s) before replacing. I know i can reload my apps from the android/amazon market, and I will factory reset to clear any passwords off, but can't think of anything else to do?

I have a 32gb wifi US version.

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by ssgokou29; 03-19-2012 at 12:54 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just sent mine in. They paid for everything except my gas to get to UPS. Customer service was very pleasant and very informative. In fact, still confirms all the reasons why I still use their products;, technology is not perfect nor are companies, but fixing mistakes is a great way to apologize. Yeah a slight inconvenience, but how many other companies would deny the issue ever existed and blame you and try to dodge the repair of their shotty work. Hooray for Samsung and the way they treat customers with respect...save yourself of future headaches of doing something silly like putting your product in the fridge and have Samsung fix their error.

You will be happy with then end result knowing you don't have any more, "I should have sent it in!" comments running through your head. Sheers
    Mountainbikermark likes this.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Quicken View Post
    I just sent mine in. They paid for everything except my gas to get to UPS. Customer service was very pleasant and very informative. In fact, still confirms all the reasons why I still use their products;, technology is not perfect nor are companies, but fixing mistakes is a great way to apologize. Yeah a slight inconvenience, but how many other companies would deny the issue ever existed and blame you and try to dodge the repair of their shotty work. Hooray for Samsung and the way they treat customers with respect...save yourself of future headaches of doing something silly like putting your product in the fridge and have Samsung fix their error.

You will be happy with then end result knowing you don't have any more, "I should have sent it in!" comments running through your head. Sheers
    Thanks for that post.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've had problems with Newton Rings on my Tab that started a couple of months after purchase Sep 11. As I live in Scotland, excessive heat (ha! ha!) is not a problem. The advice from PC World where I bought my Tab was to "put it in the fridge". True the problem goes away but only for a short time. Amazingly, the store currently have 2 Galaxy 10.1 Tabs on display, and one of them has an worse Newton Rings problem than mine. I wonder if any other Tab owners have found this problem has appeared some time after purchase. What are you doing? Just putting up with the problem? What are Samsung up to as I'm sure lots of Tabs are affected? MY ADVICE - AVOID BUYING THE GALAXY TAB TILL THIS PROBLEM IS SORTED.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've found this forum, and thread, after doing a bit of research on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 as I'm thinking of buying one soon...

This oil slick fault could be a deal-breaker for me, as I'm not too keen on spending a bundle of money on a new tablet only to have to send it off for repairs within a month or two.

Is it still an ongoing fault, causing problems with the latest version of the tablet on sale today (in the UK)?

Would appreciate any advice you can give a prospective owner!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    MisterE - a number of points to consider: those who had it (myself included) always report that it is NOT a permanent malfunction of the screen. There are solution for most of that (1 hour in a cool place). Worst thing - you have warranty (so don't root, ha?). Overall I doubt that if you'll buy a brand new one you'll find the problem - it was in the first manufacture lines BUT if it's a deal breaker for you - what can we say to make you fell better? probably nothing.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterE View Post
    I've found this forum, and thread, after doing a bit of research on the Galaxy Tab 10.1 as I'm thinking of buying one soon...

This oil slick fault could be a deal-breaker for me, as I'm not too keen on spending a bundle of money on a new tablet only to have to send it off for repairs within a month or two.

Is it still an ongoing fault, causing problems with the latest version of the tablet on sale today (in the UK)?

Would appreciate any advice you can give a prospective owner!
    At first i did not have the "oil slick" issue, however, it did come up a lil over a month after i did have it, i was able to work out a deal with bb and got it exchanged for a new one. I wanna say i was lucky, cause i did put up a lil bit of a fight and did not want them to sent it out to service where i would be without it for days/weeks, who knows. They took my concerns into consideration and help my out. I did have the extended warranty which helped as well.

Can't speak for the UK versions, but mines was a 32gb wifi US

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, both, for the advice.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads