Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Galaxy Tab 10.1 “Moisture” / “Oil Slick” Problem?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Galaxy Tab 10.1 “Moisture” / “Oil Slick” Problem?

Hi all, Just to let you know that i have spoken to SAMSUNG today in the UK and they have finally confirmed there is a fault with the screen it appears to be caused by the front glass and the LCD panel pressing together producing Newton’s rings on the actual LCD display. A catalyst for the effect is heat.
    I was told to send mine in for a service yesterday but today have been advised to not bother as they havent a solution for it as yet, they are looking into a possible batch being Faulty, I have to wait for upto two weeks for a SAMSUNG product tech person to contact me to adise me if there is a fix or not for this issue as they are trying to resolve this problem world wide!!!

Fingers Crossed this issue will get sorted........... as this is a ovely bit of kit and this does let it down.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    The only fix is another screen.
    If you send yours in they will have to replace the screen. Normally when screens do this the manufacturer replaces the entire device. I've seen stories about it on a few phones, a first batch of ipad 2s in the US and now the Tab 10.1

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 09-21-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Wow, what a mess. I just got mine and so far so good. I will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I had the same problem. I contacted samsung turkey and they changed my tab with a new one in 2 weeks. I hope they will do the same for you

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Had the same problem after three weeks. Took it back to PC World and they exchanged it there and then. They said they had one other returned. No problems with new
    device so far.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I bought my Tab from Amazon back on release day in June and haven't seen any screen problems...yet. But I also keep my Tab in air conditioned rooms and haven't taken it outside, except to transport with me from one place to another.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
    I had the same problem, however mine was a gift bought from the USA. I contacted Samsung and they advised me to send it to their service centre, which I have done. However I called the service centre yesterday and they said that they are waiting for Samsung to send them some software to check that they can service it. Apparently they are waiting on this software for a number of customers and Samsung are dragging their feet? I was initially told that a service takes about two weeks but now I am looking at an indeterminate delay until this software suddenly appears. Who knows how long I will be without my TAB! I dont want to get it back, set it up again and then have to wipe it again. All sounds a bit fishy if you ask me, but I am at the mercy of the service centre and a very grumpy girl at Samsung customer service. This would seroiusly make me consider twice about buying Samsung again. If I dont get any joy in two weeks I am going to email the CEO of Samsung direct.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    i had this issue on mine, but what was weird is that it didnt happen until i was in a colder climate. i got in contact with samsung because the upper right corner of glass was coming up and by that time the "oil slick" had disappeared....i shipped it out for the corner thing and should be getting it back tomorrow...if it ends up they just adjusted the screen and the slick comes back, i will have to contact samsung again and request another repair. My main issue was that they didnt send me a box to ship it in, they just gave me the tags, so something they should provide, a custom box, was not provided, so just be prepared to have to pack it yourself if the require shipping it out first.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I've got the same problem with my two week old 10.1 Tab purchased from Curry's. I presume I just take it back to the store. Is there any way to do a system backup and restore to the replacement one?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Just had the same problem occur on my replacement tab. Again took it back to PC World who replaced it immediately. It has been a very hot week and I wonder if temperature is an issue with the device.

Hoping this one doesn't develop the same problem. Third time lucky.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads