Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Messed Up By 3.2? Here's A Way Back

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Has anyone, who was negatively affected by the OTA 3.2 update, tried AnimaTechnica's factory restore sequence, and if you have, did it fix the problems and reset your 10.1 tab to the way it was when you first removed it from the box?

Thanks,
    Al

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaTechnica View Post
    yes this is stock - if you are already rooted, and have not been screwed by Samsung, just use Task's 3.2 ROM (version 5 now) which is very smooth. you can get to it via my post here - http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum....html#post9453
    I was looking at this rom. I hadn't pulled the trigger yet because I want to make sure I know how to get back to stock if/when ICS becomes available. I'm assuming it's the similar with samsung as it is with motorola, but you had to be stock before you could take an update. So, this is the correct way to get to stock when ics rolls out.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by skennelly View Post
    I was looking at this rom. I hadn't pulled the trigger yet because I want to make sure I know how to get back to stock if/when ICS becomes available. I'm assuming it's the similar with samsung as it is with motorola, but you had to be stock before you could take an update. So, this is the correct way to get to stock when ics rolls out.

No this is aROM not an update so you dont have to be stock. it just replaces what you have. make sure you back up first and copy backup to PC

To get back to stock just Odin over to the stock file

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Help

I did everything like described, but now it says "enter your password" when rebooting

WTF!?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by florida2402 View Post
    I did everything like described, but now it says "enter your password" when rebooting

WTF!?
    If you get that, then just power off then press power n volume down until you get 2 icons left is recovery right is download. press volume down to select recovery icon then volume up to lock it, you should then see the recovery menu - then use volume buttons until wipe data/factory reset is highlighted press power to do it after its done select reboot n you should be ready

let us know how you made out

Last edited by AnimaTechnica; 11-18-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaTechnica View Post
    If you get that, then just power off then press power n volume down until you get 2 icons left is recovery right is download. press volume down to select recovery icon then volume up to lock it, you should then see the recovery menu - then use volume buttons until wipe data/factory reset is highlighted press power to do it after its done select reboot n you should be ready

let us know how you made out

Thx for fast reply, it works...
    I also downloaded your working version of 3.2, whats the password of the file?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    try this PW sampro.pl

Quote Originally Posted by florida2402 View Post
    Thx for fast reply, it works...
    I also downloaded your working version of 3.2, whats the password of the file?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    When I turn off my 10.1 the hold the volume down and power on button together I don't get what you describe, ( 4) press POWER and Volume Down at the same time until it powers up and you should see 2 logos - USB and triangle)

I get two images, the left image is a square and inside it is one is a box like a mailbox, with a curved arrow pointing to a small version of the Android robot, the right image is just a single big version of the android robot, that doesn't sound like what you describe above???

Am I doing something wrong, if those are correct which one do I choose?

Sorry, I'm already confused... (and honestly, I was a college computer programming teacher, Visual Studio, and C++, I don't think I'm stupid just incredibly ignorant of Android and this tablet). and I don't want to screw it up any worse then it is!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AlPeaston View Post
    When I turn off my 10.1 the hold the volume down and power on button together I don't get what you describe, ( 4) press POWER and Volume Down at the same time until it powers up and you should see 2 logos - USB and triangle)

I get two images, the left image is a square and inside it is one is a box like a mailbox, with a curved arrow pointing to a small version of the Android robot, the right image is just a single big version of the android robot, that doesn't sound like what you describe above???

Am I doing something wrong, if those are correct which one do I choose?

Sorry, I'm already confused... (and honestly, I was a college computer programming teacher, Visual Studio, and C++, I don't think I'm stupid just incredibly ignorant of Android and this tablet). and I don't want to screw it up any worse then it is!
    The left side is recovery you can try this step first and wipe date and factory reset. If that does not fix it power off and start over and next go to the right side which is the Odin/download mode

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    I should add this is some slight difference between the Google io and retail version

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads