Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Messed Up By 3.2? Here's A Way Back

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    New member here with a 3.2 issue I haven't found in searches. I did the OTA update to 3.2, and my tab GT-P7510 has an issue when on the keyboard dock. After about two hours it would shut down, requiring a soft reset (10 second power press) to turn back on.

This is a nuisance, since we mostly leave it on the dock unless we grab it for something.

Anyway, I reverted to stock 3.1 via odin and the files in the first post of this topic. That process worked fine; no issues.

I then tried a Kies update to 3.2 (thinking the OTA might have glitched somehow), and while the update went fine, I still have the same behavior on the keyboard/charging dock.

Also, while the 3.2 update changelog mentions a change in the back arrow, mine is still the same; is this a problem, and has anybody else had this issue or know a way around it? (Samsung just wants me to send the thing in, but I know it's not a hardware issue, since 3.1 works)
    Last edited by RichP714; 01-10-2012 at 07:19 PM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    more information; if i remove the charger cable from the dock, there is no problem with the keyboard dock. If I plug the tab into the charger directly, there is no problem with leaving it connected. It's ONLY the combination of having the tab in the dock when the dock is powered that presents this problem.......Am I alone in this?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    further information: if I set the tab to not turn off screen when on the dock, there is no problem; perhaps there's an issue with battery charge level shutting it down under 3.2 when on the keyboard dock?

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    i don't have a dock so this is a wild guess- your tab has a lithium battery - it is likely that the dock senses when it is fully charged and turns off the charge to preserve the longevity of the lithium battery. Technically once you reach 100% you should un plug your tab anyway. keepnig it plugged in only degrades your battery. Keeping the screen on while on the dock uses up power so your battery is likely not reaching 100% so the dock stays on

Quote Originally Posted by RichP714 View Post
    further information: if I set the tab to not turn off screen when on the dock, there is no problem; perhaps there's an issue with battery charge level shutting it down under 3.2 when on the keyboard dock?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    thanks for your response; it seems like a reasonable thing (btw, the Galaxy developers are working on a patch for 3.2, but at the moment they are unsure what is causing some issues.

I no longer get the 'your tab is fully charged' notification when on the dock/charging and the screen is always on; perhaps that was the issue, although the issue doesn't happen when plugged directly into the charger.........

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi! Do you have the stock Tom for the 3G version?

My version is P7500XXKG7
    Still at 3.1 HC
    Rooted.

Thanks!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    My tablet lags bad and wifi will go out when waking up. Never did this before update and I am trying your method to get back to stock. When I try to get into odin / download mode by pressing power and volume down, it just keeps cycling between samsung logo and blank screen. It never gives me 2 icons screen. When I let go, it just boots normally. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pmoline View Post
    My tablet lags bad and wifi will go out when waking up. Never did this before update and I am trying your method to get back to stock. When I try to get into odin / download mode by pressing power and volume down, it just keeps cycling between samsung logo and blank screen. It never gives me 2 icons screen. When I let go, it just boots normally. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help!
    Make sure the tab is completely off. goto a dark to make sure the screen is not glowing. Then press power n volume down at the same time and hold them down until the 2 icons show up

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
    pmoline likes this.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I got it to come up and I followed your steps and it's like I have a new tablet. Here I have been just dealing with all the wifi and lagging thinking I did not have a "bad" update because the wifi worked, just not all the time...

Thanks again!!

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    glad to hear it -enjoy the 'new' tab

Quote Originally Posted by pmoline View Post
    I got it to come up and I followed your steps and it's like I have a new tablet. Here I have been just dealing with all the wifi and lagging thinking I did not have a "bad" update because the wifi worked, just not all the time...

Thanks again!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads