Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Messed Up By 3.2? Here's A Way Back

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times

Messed Up By 3.2? Here's A Way Back

this is not for the fainthearted - but if you are tired of not having a workable tab want to get back to stock - there is actually a simple way to do it - caveat - do so at your own risk - but if you screw it up, you will be needing to get it fixed anyway for Samsung's 3.2. Note this does NOT root you so it should not break any warrantees - again proceed at your own risk- but if you are adventurous:

a quick overview of it is to get your tab into ODIN mode and use ODIN to reload a copy of the stock image to your tab. This erases all of your previous data but you can reinstall those later. But at least it gets you back to a working tab - Note this is for the 7510 - the wifi tab

1) Download this file - Files for Dummies

2) extract the file
    you should have the following
    a file called GT-P7510_USB_Driver_v1_3_2360_0-Escape - this file is the USB driver for your PC, if you don't have the driver installed already, run this
    a folder named Odin3 v1.85 - this contains the ODIN executable file
    a folder named KME Odin - which contains 2 files - android_fastboot_emmc_full_p4_16G_32G.pit" and a "P7510XABKME_P7510UEKME_HOME.tar"

3) Power down the tab
    4) press POWER and Volume Down at the same time until it powers up and you should see 2 logos - USB and triangle (note the retail wifi version might show 2 different logos, android on right and bag on left - left is recovery and right is Odin/download)
    5) press volume down to move the selection to the triangle (or the icon on the right)
    6) press volume up to lock in selection. You are now in ODIN/download mode

assuming all your drivers are installed to your PC, plug in the tab via the USB to your PC
    run the ODIN executable
    only Auto-reboot and F.reset Time should be ticked
    after a minute, the ID:Com box should turn yellow -if not you may have driver issues (try this driver http://drivers.softpedia.com/progDow...oad-96692.html)

7) tick PDA and click the PDA button and navigate to the KME Odin folder and select "P7510XABKME_P7510UEKME_HOME.tar"
    8) select the PIT button and navigate to the KME Odin folder and select the "android_fastboot_emmc_full_p4_16G_32G.pit"
    9) Select START

it should start writing the image to your tab and once done, should reboot you back into stock

in case you want to go ahead and flash 3.2 -

use this pit file - http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...9&d=1321486916

and use this for the PDA http://hotfile.com/dl/135008863/06ca....html?expire=1
    if it asks you for Password for the 3,2 file use : sampro.pl

update:
    when resorting to odin and first booting up, you might get asked for a password, the way around this is to
    a) power off,
    b) press power n volume down until you get 2 icons left is recovery right is download.
    c) press volume down to select recovery icon then volume up to lock it, you should then see the recovery menu
    d) then use volume buttons until wipe data/factory reset is highlighted press power to do it
    e)after its done wiping, select reboot n you should be ready
    Last edited by AnimaTechnica; 04-24-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Nice write-up AT!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks for that potential fix. However, if it is back in the same configuration as when brand new, would someone doing this have access to the touchwiz update (and subsequence fix) that originally happened in August?

Al

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    then you would update through your normal method - KIES or OTA to get the touchwiz

Quote Originally Posted by AlPeaston View Post
    Thanks for that potential fix. However, if it is back in the same configuration as when brand new, would someone doing this have access to the touchwiz update (and subsequence fix) that originally happened in August?

Al

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Added links to the OP of a working version of 3.2 which you can install via ODIN method described in the OP (use these file in steps 7 and 8) - Note this is stock 3.2 not corrupted by Samsung upload, not rooted, everything should work including wifi
    Last edited by AnimaTechnica; 11-17-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    Can the unaffected stock 3.2 be loaded on a machine suffering with the bad version of 3.2 (in other words instead of directly going back to factory default, just use you steps to reinstall the unscrewed up version of 3.2...).

Apologizing in advance if the question is dumb - I would just love to get my system fully functional without having to lose all my stuff (apps, settings etc.) And if i could get the working version of 3.2 too, well that would just great...

Al

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    Quote Originally Posted by AlPeaston View Post
    Can the unaffected stock 3.2 be loaded on a machine suffering with the bad version of 3.2 (in other words instead of directly going back to factory default, just use you steps to reinstall the unscrewed up version of 3.2...).

Apologizing in advance if the question is dumb - I would just love to get my system fully functional without having to lose all my stuff (apps, settings etc.) And if i could get the working version of 3.2 too, well that would just great...

Al
    AFAIK, you cannot just reinstall the 3.2 update. And from my experience as a rescue squad in our sister Incredible forum, it's better to wipe and do a clean install of the ROM after a bad OTA. If you really want to save your settings, you can back them up via Skies.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    agree always a good to do this - in any case this does not take more than 5 minutes so it is pretty easy to go to stock first then apply 3.2

Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    AFAIK, you cannot just reinstall the 3.2 update. And from my experience as a rescue squad in our sister Incredible forum, it's better to wipe and do a clean install of the ROM after a bad OTA. If you really want to save your settings, you can back them up via Skies.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Will this take us back to stock if coming from a custom ROM? Or is there a more prefered method?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    yes this is stock - if you are already rooted, and have not been screwed by Samsung, just use Task's 3.2 ROM (version 5 now) which is very smooth. you can get to it via my post here - http://www.galaxytabforums.net/forum....html#post9453

Quote Originally Posted by skennelly View Post
    Will this take us back to stock if coming from a custom ROM? Or is there a more prefered method?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads