Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Man_4u View Post
    I think maybe I still am not clear enough...let me try one last time. I am trying to show all the students at the same time (via the big screen) what 'apps' are on the Tab and how each app works. But I'd like to do this with out having to connect any cables from my projector to my Tab.

Magic
    Splashtop does NOT require a cord. Airdroid does NOT require a cord. They both require a wifi connection, which acts like an invisible cord. A Bluetooth connection would be the same thing, an invisible cord.
    Splashtop would allow your Tab to act exactly like your computer monitor and your finger in the Tab screen would do the same as using a mouse.
    Airdroid does the reverse, which I think would be what you need. It's free on the market.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...mFpcmRyb2lkIl0.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, I've looked into Splashtop, however everything I've read says it is for 'controling' the PC or viewing to your PC. What I need to do is project what is on the Tab up to the projector. Acording to what I've read Splashtop willnot do that.

Again..thanks to everyone for all their help in all this.

Michael

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    That's why I'm suggesting Airdroid. It controls the Tab from the PC, if the projector is showing the PC then running Airdroid should do the trick since you are controlling what the projector sees from the PC . As you work on the Tab, it shows up on the PC, which is in turn sent to be viewed on the projector

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Last edited by Mountainbikermark; 02-09-2012 at 05:11 PM.
    Support Our Troops!!!

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    To be honest, if the school is trying to decide on a quantity of devices, I'd suggest they go with an iPad. More folks are going to be more comfortable with using ios than Android imo. Android is more suited to those who like to tinker and those who don't prefer Apple systems

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    True about iPad v Tab; however the biggest drawback (and I am sure you know this already) is that iPad does not support 'Flash'. Many of the 'on-line' classroom apps or sites use Flash whick makes them useless. If Splashtop does work, then each Tablet would have to have it on it correct? Would there be any conflict that would occur? this is why they gave me this to work on as i am the "District's" 'Tinker' when it comes to Technology!

Thanks again for all your help.

Michael

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Since you are using the TAB in the classroom, can we assume you have network/internet access with said TAB? Is the projector hooked directly to a PC VIA HDMI or VGA cables or is it VIA network? Without knowing how things are interconnected, it's near impossible to provide an accurate solution. If you can communicate with the PC, and the PC can communicate with the projector, there should be no reason why you will not be able to accomplish what you seek. This is most easily accomplished if there's a wireless network involved.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok, here is how it is laid out:
    Dell PC to a 'Elmo' document camera then from there to the projector via a 50' long VGA cable (whatever shows on the PC shows through to the projector), this cable runs through the ceiling, the projector is mounted on the ceiling. Apple makes a 'wireless' device called Apple TV which is a little box that recieves wireless signal via a WAP. It connects to the projector via a HDMI cable then any 'iPad' can connect to the Apple TV by tapping an icon in the iPad and push whatever is showing on the iPad up through the projector. What I am looking for is a 'Android' similar solution for this, as Apple is limited to certain sites.

Michael

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

...---...

As previously noted, this may help AirDroid-Enjoy your Android Experience over the air the last part mentions media and slideshows etc.... see if there's a trial version. With respect to the apple solution, that hardly seems a solution. You then need to purchase an apple tv unit and run an HDMI cable from the unit to the projector on top of the cost of the iPad.
    Samsung Galaxy 10.1 4G (GT-7500D) - Canada

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Here's more what you are looking for MirrorOp
    Samsung Galaxy 10.1 4G (GT-7500D) - Canada

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think we may have a winner here with MirrorOp folks!! This looks like it will work for both Apple and Android without any cables!!! Thanks Thomas!!

Magic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads