Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Wireless Presentation for Galaxy Tab

Hi, I just bought my Galaxy Tab and fell in love with it. I work for a school district and they want me to find a way to 'wireless' connect it to the projector, (like the Apple TV setup that Mac has), so far I have not found a way to do this. As the projector is mounted on the ceiling they do not want to have a VGA cable hanging from the ceiling being draged around the room when a teacher is teaching in the classroom. Does anyone know of a way to do this? Any help would be great.

Thank you

Magic

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Welcome to the forum
    Is the projector hooked to any sort of computer? If so an app called Splashtop Matt be what you seek

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Just wanted to welcome you to the site.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Thanks for the welcome responces!

No, the Tab is not attached to a computer. What I am looking for is a way to use the Galaxy Tab 10.1 while walking around the room and at the same time showing what is on my "TAB" onto the screen. I'm looking for a way to do this in a "Wireless" set. Hope this makes it clearer.

Thanks again!

Michael

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Mountainbiker is asking whether the computer (not tablet) is connected to a projector. If it is, then splashtop might help.

Otherwise your projector needs to have bluetooht/wifi

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    If the projector is connected to a computer, not the Tab, and you want to show what's in the Tab onto the projector Airdroid app might be the ticket , but without trying your setup I can't say for sure

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this TapaTalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hi, ok...sorry! Let me try this again. I have a projector mounted on the ceiling, it is connected to the 'Elmo' document camera which in turn connects to the PC. What i would like to do (if possible) is connect my "TAB" wirelessly to the projector (like the iPad 2 does using Apple TV). Do they make anything like this? I know you can buy a external 'HDMI' converter to plug into and run a cable from the 'Tab' to the projector but that makes it very hard to move around the room if you do that. Is there no 'Bluetooth' device? Splashtop requires you to have a cable running throught the PC ...correct? Let me know because the district is trying to make a choice between the iPad and Tab.

Thanks again for all your help.

Magic

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I think maybe I still am not clear enough...let me try one last time. I am trying to show all the students at the same time (via the big screen) what 'apps' are on the Tab and how each app works. But I'd like to do this with out having to connect any cables from my projector to my Tab.

Magic

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't think about the Projector. Focus on the PC that is already connected to the projector as you stated. You need an app that can communicate to the PC and mirror the Tablets screen.

The only way that the tablet could connect to the Projector via wifi or Bluetooth would be if the projector it's self supported these options. If it doesn't then the next component before the projector has to. That said. Dose the projector support wifi/bluetooth?
    If not does the PC connected to it support wifi/bluetooth?

There are apps for connecting to a PC remotely - I don't know if they can mirror their own screen image on the PC though. It is something I have read about but had no need to put into practice. Some may offer a free trial or lite version before committing $$$.

It is easy to find apps that control a PC remotely but will they mirror the Tab's display is another thing. I will check for you as well.

John

Do a "display projector" in app market to get an idea on what is available such as MirrorOp Sender MobiShow etc.
    Some may require external add on component to the target device.

John
    Last edited by jlg234; 02-09-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Don't forget to let us know if you were successful and if so what did you have to do to get the job done.

Thanks

John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads