Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Brightness & Screen Clarity (vs I-Pad)

Before buying the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet PC, I had other tablets such as Palladine (7"), which is extremely poor in touch respnse, and then ViewSonic 10" (dual boot - ultra-old Android version which is practically useless and Windows 7 - draining battery like crazy).

Though my wife is more impressed with the Galaxy tab (as compared to my earlier models) as it is much slimmer and lighter, she still finds it dimmer and screen clarity to be less sharp than the I-Pad (I-Pad 2, not the latest I-Pad 3 with the useless 4G).

Is she right? I told her the screen protector shield could have softened the sharpness/clarity and brightness. But is there an official technical specs page that can convince her that the brightness and screen clarity/sharpness of the Galaxy Tab is comparable to I-Pad 2?

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Specs mean nothing to the eyes
    I find ios devices to be too "white", a slight bleached look to them, including the newest model of Ipad, especially when side by side to a Tab with brightness levels set equally.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I have both. No screens on either. Gorilla glass is on both. I much prefer the Tab over my iPad2. At lower brightness levels the iPad screen looks very yellowish and only turns 'white' at medium high and higher settings. Tab is much crisper and whiter at even the very lowest level. I like the Tab better at every brightness viewing setting. I also like the lightness and thinnnes of Tab over the iPad2. I like the gps. I have gotten used to the Android system. I love the drag and drop feature when connected to PC. I have never liked iTunes and Apple's philosophy of my way or the highway.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    I remember how pumped I was checking the "retina display" on the new iPad. Other than a marketing technique, it means nothing more. Our retina had a fixed resolution limit. Don't believe what people think the truth.

Remove Ads

Ads