Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Cool Why Are There Mobile Version Websites? Is There an Option to Remove Them?

Hi, new here. I really want a new galaxy 10.1 tab. I was checking them out at best buy the other day and realized that there were a couple websites that showed up in the mobile version like ebay.com. Is there a way to remove mobile version? On my evo phone with froyo i go to settings and uncheck the mobile version. I could not find this feature with honeycomb.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by texasmojo View Post
    Hi, new here. I really want a new galaxy 10.1 tab. I was checking them out at best buy the other day and realized that there were a couple websites that showed up in the mobile version like ebay.com. Is there a way to remove mobile version? On my evo phone with froyo i go to settings and uncheck the mobile version. I could not find this feature with honeycomb.
    Yes you can change the user agent to appear as a desktop and u can see the normal version

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    If you are using the stock browser you have to type about:debug in the address bar and then hit go. It will appear as if nothing happened but when you go into the browser settings you will have more options. One of them will be to change UA String under the debug menu. That is what you will change to desktop.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks guys. You two just helped me finalize my decision on a tab. I actually tried clouds method on the display model at best buy and it worked. I found a 32gb open item galaxy tab for $569 and there was a 10% off coupon on all open items too. $555 out the door with taxes and it is flawless with nothing missing.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Glad it helped, hope you are enjoying your tab!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I have noticed that Google Images displays results very strangely in desktop mode, with stock browser, but in "Android" mobile mode it displays results correctly. Also, flash on certain sites doesn't work sometimes in desktop mode, but works okay in "Android" mobile mode. One other thing...you need to change plugin setting to "on demand" to get flash to work the best.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidinChelseaMA View Post
    I have noticed that Google Images displays results very strangely in desktop mode, with stock browser, but in "Android" mobile mode it displays results correctly. Also, flash on certain sites doesn't work sometimes in desktop mode, but works okay in "Android" mobile mode. One other thing...you need to change plugin setting to "on demand" to get flash to work the best.
    David try out other browsers - i find mathon and dolphinwork well. I prefer dolphin due to the use of gestures

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Something new to check out here.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimaTechnica View Post
    David try out other browsers - i find mathon and dolphinwork well. I prefer dolphin due to the use of gestures

I've switched to Opera Mobile. It has no lag in typing and renders very well. I just went to advanced settings and changed it to desktop.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    How did you do that?
    The only options Opera gives me under advanced are "Protocol", "Network Test", and "Start page links"...

[QUOTE=Mountainbikermark;1965]I've switched to Opera Mobile. It has no lag in typing and renders very well. I just went to advanced settings and changed it to desktop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads