Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ICS: I Don't Get The Hype

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times

Re: ICS: I Don't Get The Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikermark View Post
    Where's Jelly Bean!? I want my Jelly Bean and I want it now!

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    I am currently running CM10 (jelly bean) on mine.
    Improved smoothness all around but front camera does not work

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My tab was fine running HC, but I have to say that since it updated to ICS via kies last week it has been fantastic. Everything about it is so much better, it's smoother, faster and battery life is better. I did a wipe data/factory reset before and after the update, just to make sure I didn't get any conflicts between the old and new OS's. I've always done this on the Galaxy S and S II phones I've had, and it works.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, 16GB, Wi-Fi. ICS 4.1.1. Samsung Galaxy S II, ICS 4.0.4 LPT. Rooted with CF-Root.

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ok, so I am completely confused. My tab has not updated, but it is available for download. If I do let it update am I losing all my settings, screens and games? What the heck should I do?

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Karys3 View Post
    Ok, so I am completely confused. My tab has not updated, but it is available for download. If I do let it update am I losing all my settings, screens and games? What the heck should I do?
    You won't lose any apps but all your settings, home screens, etc will be cleared out.
    You will need to reconfigure.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB..........in "Metallic Gray".
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Karys3 View Post
    print screen your desktop and if you are interested OK the download...

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thank you. Turned out not so bad. Only thing not working is multipicture wallpaper.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    While I was very happy with HC and had no issues at all, I also found ICS to be noticably faster/smoother.
    I also like some of the visual changes.
    Battery life is a bit better.
    And I also installed Nova Prime, which made it even better; a terrific launcher.
    And, rooted which adds even more functuality. Installed some apps that are way cool.
    If you're tab is running worse that it was on HC, something isn't right. A factory reset could/should make it right.
    Galaxy Tab 10.1, wifi, 32g, model GT-P7510

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I just got ICS 2 days ago and I'm trying to withold judgement. I'm very frustrated with it right now as I have to relearn eveything. My biggest complaint is pages loading slow and having to keep going to setting>show as desktop everytime I open Twitter & Facebook, then reload the page, sometime it takes 3 times of reloading it before it changes.

I'm going to try this Nova launcher that was mentioned above and see if that helps. I hope so because for the first time in months I had to use my laptop for hours last night & this morning. I usually only use laptop for a few minor things and had been usuing my tablet 95% of the time.

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

Re: ICS: I Don't Get The Hype

Quote Originally Posted by sincitygrrrl1 View Post
    I just got ICS 2 days ago and I'm trying to withold judgement. I'm very frustrated with it right now as I have to relearn eveything. My biggest complaint is pages loading slow and having to keep going to setting>show as desktop everytime I open Twitter & Facebook, then reload the page, sometime it takes 3 times of reloading it before it changes.

I'm going to try this Nova launcher that was mentioned above and see if that helps. I hope so because for the first time in months I had to use my laptop for hours last night & this morning. I usually only use laptop for a few minor things and had been usuing my tablet 95% of the time.
    What I have found with every firmware update on every device they are buggy for a few days. My worst experience was with the firmware you just upgraded from, Honeycomb 3.2. My Tab was useless for anything video related for about 2 weeks then suddenly caught its breath and became trouble free.
    ICS took a few days but each day got better.
    Try reboot your Tab a couple of times a day just cuz . Also go to settings, applications, all and scroll down to see if there is a Samsung update notifier (not exactly sure what it was called but it was Samsung Update something or other) and if it's there tap it, tap uninstall. Doing that cured my battery drain problem that developed after ICS.
    Hope that helps.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I love ics and i also love nova. Im finding out new things my tab can do each day lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads