Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ICS: I Don't Get The Hype

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times

ICS: I Don't Get The Hype

I was never one of those chomping on the bit to get ICS for my 10.1 tab........

Now that I got the download and installed it............and played with it for a few days I still don't get it.
    HC worked just great and was very solid..........there's a few bells and whistles with ICS but nothing that gets me all worked up over.
    It still does what I want the tablet to do so the few frills who cares?
    It's really just added some frustration getting my Bluetooth keyboard to work reliabily again and having to get my home pages sorted back the way I want them.

I look back and laugh at the various threads about people being pissed off ICS was delayed in being released, really?
    How ridiculious.

Much ado about nothing.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB..........in "Metallic Gray".
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yea, Im with you. If anything it runs worse. I no longer have the smooth tablet I paid for. It lags and freezes up slighty. The touch screen does not seem to register as well and battery cunsumption appears to be worse. Im already considering a reset, but Im not sure that it will go back to honeycombe based on things Ive heard. I visited the toshiba thrive forums and there were some really upset people. Definately not what I expected! Whats with these peoplse saying it,s like a whole new tablet? I can make folders and swipe away notifications now. Big deal!

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8

Re: ICS: I Don't Get The Hype

Quote Originally Posted by jjmcwill View Post
    Yea, Im with you. If anything it runs worse. I no longer have the smooth tablet I paid for. It lags and freezes up slighty. The touch screen does not seem to register as well and battery cunsumption appears to be worse. Im already considering a reset, but Im not sure that it will go back to honeycombe based on things Ive heard. I visited the toshiba thrive forums and there were some really upset people. Definately not what I expected! Whats with these peoplse saying it,s like a whole new tablet? I can make folders and swipe away notifications now. Big deal!
    The reset will not take you back to Honeycomb. Your Tab will still have the latest ICS update. If anything, the reset and reinstalling your apps should make it runs more smoothly.... Have you tried another launcher? Now that you have ICS, you could try Apex or Nova launchers. It could be the stock launcher that is lagging. Give Apex or Nova a try.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    It seems to me that the complaining was because SAMSUNG kept promising things and then backtracked. Let's face it in this area SAMSUNG'S PR department was a dismal failure. Let us all hope they learned someing from this experience.

AS YOU SOW EVIL
    SO SHALL YOU REAP EVIL
    CRIME DOES NOT PAY
    THE SHADOW KNOWS
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    30 times

I have a completely different experience. ICS was miles ahead in smoothness BUT it was a custom ROM with no added Samsung bloat. Plus a big factor I believe is in order to install a custom ROM you need to wipe the system and cache so you are starting with a very clean system

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

A few reboots may help with lags and freezes. It did with mine. My battery was initially less but I found the culprit app and uninstalled it.
    ICS is a big step over Gingerbread but, agreed, not much over Honeycomb.
    The first thing I did was get another launcher. I'd been using Go before ICS but tried and stuck with Nova, then started figuring out what was what and found some Samsung push notification app, uninstalled, battery life went right back up to normal.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
    Support Our Troops!!!

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Yes........agreed.
    I forgot that also, the battery life is much worse than before.........with the same exact apps installed.
    What's up with that?

My Logitech Bluetooth keyboard/case still doesn't connect reliably each time I restart......I have to manually go in and pair them. I've tried everything.
    Worked perfect every time in HC.

I'd rather go back to Honeycomb.
    Last edited by buerkletucson; 08-27-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 32GB..........in "Metallic Gray".
    White Bear Lake, Minnesota

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

I use gsam battery monitor, looked at app suckers with it, don't remember its exact name, saw it was keeping the Tab awake and using cpu so I uninstalled it. It wasn't on the Tab before ICS.

Support Our Troops!!!
    <><
    A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by buerkletucson View Post
    Much ado about nothing.
    Agreed. My GTab performs pretty much same as with HC. ICS is more hype than help.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Hype. I agree. I think more than a few of us on this site were saying as much when people were getting so outraged that we hadn't gotten ICS yet. I know that I posted a few times that while ICS will offer a few new features that it wasn't going to change the tab as we know it. But there are quite a few people that look at new OS updates like a certain golem looked at a particular ring. That's ok if that's what they want to do. I just kept using my tab and patiently waited for the ICS via OTA.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads