Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Unhappy Tab 10.1 Updated, but Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping Connection

Hi All,
    Had my Tab for over an year now and recently updated the software via wifi. Immediatly after the update, Flash player would not work properly but that was fixed by uninstalling/intalling with new version found on internet. Now the connection is dropped like every mininute or so. My router is fine. Could someone give me suggestion as to how to fix this? Is there a way to revert back to older version??

Here is system info as of now.

Model GT-P7510
    Android 4.0.4
    Kernal 3.1.10
    Build IMM76D.UELPL

Thanks for your help.

cy

Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times

re: Tab 10.1 Updated, but Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping Connection

Have you tried forgetting the network on the Tab, then putting it back?
    Often, though a router is playing nice with other devices, turning it off for a minute or 2 then back on will help it play nice again with the device that no longer is working correctly.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainbikermark View Post
    Have you tried forgetting the network on the Tab, then putting it back?
    Often, though a router is playing nice with other devices, turning it off for a minute or 2 then back on will help it play nice again with the device that no longer is working correctly.

Support Our Troops! !!!
    <><
    From my Beano
    Thanks for the reply. Yup, I have tried powering on and off of the router, eliminating the wifi source and re-entering the passwrd, clearing the cookie/history number of times but nothing seems to help, thus this post.
    My last resort would be to backup all the file and completely reset the device but I would rather revert back to the previous version ONLY if I can....
    cy

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1

Same problem here

I am having the same problem. I haven't fixed the video problem yet though. I am constantly plagued with internet being dropped. Just adding support hoping someone knows how to correct this glitch. My tablet is too unreliable to be used.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Try this: Go into your router settings and set up a dedicated static IP address for your Tab. That way it won't have to negotiate with the DHCP server for an IP address each time--and no renewals.
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 Wifi + JB 4.1.1

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by JuneBug1701 View Post
    Try this: Go into your router settings and set up a dedicated static IP address for your Tab. That way it won't have to negotiate with the DHCP server for an IP address each time--and no renewals.
    I have the same problem, as yet unsolved.
    I've already gone the route of forgetting the network & reinstating on the tab. Power off modem etc. etc.
    I thought to set the tab as static IP not DHCP you had to do this on the tab not the router, can't see any way to do this.

Has anyone finally resolved this problem?

If so a walk through for the less technically competent of us would be welcome.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Re: Tab 10.1 Updated, but Wi-Fi Keeps Dropping Connection

You set it up on the router, not the Tab. Each router is different but usually you go to the DHCP assignments and locate the MAC address of the Tab and set it to a static IP. Mine is set to 192.168.0.168 and when the router sees the MAC address of the Tab logging in it always gives it that reserved IP. There is nothing to set on the Tab, it doesn't care.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk HD
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 Wifi + JB 4.1.1

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    hey cy please try this because the problem just might be your router..........................................I as well have the stealth trio 10.1 and i as well kept getting dropped off my wifi so i connected my trio to my computer and kept usb off then i had to go in to my router settings go to wifi protected set up and then i had to go to my trio go to settings and then go to wifi and then there is three little grey dots on the top right corner put your finger on the tree squares you see and slide your finger down you will see three options scan,.............. wps pin entry,............... advanced, you want to press on ..........wps pin entry.......... and you will see an 8 digit pin after obtaining that pin go to your wifi security on your router page and put those numbers in the empty box and then press enroll and just below that you will see a button that says start pbc press on the pbc button and your trio should now say connecting to wifi and it will tell you if you succeeded in connecting your device........... .this is also known as pushing the wifi. let me be clear on one thing my router is a Belkin router so if you router is a different type of router you setting my be different so don`t forget to call tech support for your router if you are having trouble with this set up it`s worth the effort.
    Last edited by tippy20052000; 01-12-2014 at 01:51 AM.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    was having the same Issue.
    Have tried setting to DHCP and Static IP on 4 different routers (At home, at work, at public library, and even local Starbucks)
    Tablet randomly loses WIFI connection ( anywhere from 1 minute to 10 minutes) and I had to turn the WIFI adapter off then turn it back on to connect again .. it was so annoying I gave up and bought a different brand tablet .. no issues with new non-Samsung tablet for two months now.

Remove Ads

Ads