Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quasar
    Member #
    Liked
    95 times
    I plug mine in before retiring for the evening and some time before I wake up it is full. I've honestly never timed the Tab, my phone or my ipad. I get about 10 hours of usage time on each plus sleep time between charges. I charge my phone each day since I use it often , my Tab about every 2-3 days as needed since I average about 3 hours per day on it, and my ipad about once a week or less since it's just a kids toy basically now.

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone
    Support Our Troops!!!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    confirmed:

A T-mobil store Samsung Tablet Data Cable (exact title) for $15 will work with a universal USB wall charger on your 10.1.
    Apparently they tweaked the 10.1 Data Cable so that it would only work with the 10.1 wall charger, thus forcing you to buy another $50 charger.
    Sneaky bastards...

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    I tried my Motorola wall charger with the Tab and it didn't work either. Here's one I found that's a bit cheaper than the Samsung.

Cellet Premium Travel / Home Charger for Samsung Galaxy Tab TCSAMTABX - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Chargers & Power Solutions, GT-P7510

TCSAMTABX.jpg

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Can you confirm this works? I see it on Amazon for $10. I will buy it in heart beat if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by bill_enh View Post
    I tried my Motorola wall charger with the Tab and it didn't work either. Here's one I found that's a bit cheaper than the Samsung.

Cellet Premium Travel / Home Charger for Samsung Galaxy Tab TCSAMTABX - Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Chargers & Power Solutions, GT-P7510

TCSAMTABX.jpg

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Can't confirm, but it's Amazon, you cant loose.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bill_enh View Post
    This cable will help by allowing more current to go to your Tab, but as the IPad reviewer said it doesn't solve the problem....but for 3 bux it's probably worth buying and trying

Amazon.com: OEM UTStarcom Universal Y Adapter USB Data Cable With Two Male & One Female Connector: Cell Phones & Accessories
    For a data point. I tried this cable. My Tab was at 40% charge at 11:30pm, I turned off the Tab and plugged it into my PC using two USB ports. At 6:30am it was at 80% so from my perspective this dual cable doesn't make USB charging any more viable.

Sirius
    Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    Also, decided to get the Samsung charger instead. I found it for about $22 delivered on Amazon.

Amazon.com: Samsung Galaxy Tab Detachable Travel Charger with USB to 30 Pin Data Cable (ETA-P10JBEGSTA) - Bulk Packaging: Electronics

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks, Bill. I'm going to just go with another Samsung charger at that price. No sense in messing around looking for a suitable hi power USB charger.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I did the same. 22 is ok to get the OEM charger.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Yep, and I did order a charger from amazon last week. This one:
    Amazon.com: IPAD-2USB: High Power Slim AC Wall Plug to 2 x 5V USB Adapter (Compatible with iPad): Electronics - $17.95 w/ free shipping (Prime).
    Unfortunately, if you use that model with the GTab, it shows a little "x" in the GTab's battery indicator. The buyer comments on Amazon indicate that it is a "high power" USB charger with 5V 2A output per USB, but my GTab respectfully disagrees. So, for just $5 more (including shipping), I'm getting a charger that will definitely charge the GTab quickly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads