Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Slow to Charge

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    The charging time is determined by the design of the device (size of battery) & the power of the charger.

An iPad (3rd /4th generation) takes 8 hours to fully charge. It uses a 2.1a/5v charger. An Asus Transformer takes 2-4hours. That range uses a 15v charger - much faster, but very proprietary.

Devices that use microUSB for charging have the benefit of being universal, but the disbenefit of being more slow to charge. The point at which your device reaches a full level of charge may not be displayed accurately, hence the time to go from 98% to 100%. Your device & charger are intelligent in that the charge rate will be greatest when the device is charging in the early stage & the rate will then slow to a trickle as the device approaches being fully charged.

That's the way it is - the science of batteries, electricity & so on.

yak
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    Its the way companies get customers to buy the next version. As soon as a product gets to market the next one is on the drawing boards.
    They don't care about battery life, get used to it folks, the charging time has only one way to go ........down, and you can't replace the charging unit......yee! I wonder who thought of that?

My 2 year old Acer aspire, only maintains its charge of .5 hour. I could buy a new charging battery, but at what cost, and who would still make a 2 year old computer battery pack? Customers now buy new dishwashers that last only 1 year, they once upon a time lasted 10 years. Do you see a trend?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    I have been experiencing problemm with 10.1 / 8000 model. for battery charging.
    It is not consitent. Some time it is on charge for ever , some time it take 8 ~ 10 hrs , some time it take 4hrs.
    I thought i am not charging properly, but here i could see this is a common problem. What is samsung suggesting for this. They must give us a soloution. my stab is just 8 months old and this problem is for last 3 ~ 4 months.
    I want soloution , can you please suggest and help me to solve this problem.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by vkturki View Post
    I have been experiencing problemm with 10.1 / 8000 model. for battery charging.
    It is not consitent. Some time it is on charge for ever , some time it take 8 ~ 10 hrs , some time it take 4hrs.
    I thought i am not charging properly, but here i could see this is a common problem. What is samsung suggesting for this. They must give us a soloution. my stab is just 8 months old and this problem is for last 3 ~ 4 months.
    I want soloution , can you please suggest and help me to solve this problem.
    Welcome to the forum
    That type of charging pattern is very unusual. It could be combination of things from apps that are running, to a flaky cable or even a bum charger. Try turning your tab completely off rather than just sleep mode to see if or how that may make a difference.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 10.1
    My tab has bin bk to samsung for taking up to 14 hours to charge and they sent it bk saying there was nothing wrong but it on charge at nine last night with 15% on it its six in morning and its only 66% this carnt be right

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Quote Originally Posted by nanniegrandad View Post
    My tab has bin bk to samsung for taking up to 14 hours to charge and they sent it bk saying there was nothing wrong but it on charge at nine last night with 15% on it its six in morning and its only 66% this carnt be right
    Welcome to the forum

You're right, but did you consider in the first place that the problem could be the charger or cable? You didn't mention either.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Ads