Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Copying web photo's with the P5 110 samsung tablet 10.1 version 2

Having purchased the above tablet last September I was able to copy photo's to the gallery by clicking on the camera icon on the task bar, this has some how disappeared
    Can any one tell me how to get this facility back.
    Many thanks jacsow

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    The Gallery app will be in your app drawer. A better app to try from the Play Store will be QuickPic.

Other than that you can either use the standard file manager app in your app drawer, or install another one from the Play Store. Some popular ones are ES File Manager, Astro File Manager, File Expert.

If your question is "why did the shortcut disappear from your task bar" - I don't know, but you can always just drag & drop it back again.

The link to Android Guides in my signature might well prove helpful to you.

All the best.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello janner 43
    Thank you for your reply, I have tried your suggestions, unfortunately none have solved my problem, I cannot find the camera icon so,could
    you advise me as to how I can copy a photo from the web.
    What I have tried is tap and hold the photo for a few seconds hoping a menu will appear no joy so I am stumped, is there any other way of doing it?.
    Thank you for your help so far.
    jacsow

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Are you talking about a photo that is in a webpage on the Internet? If so you may want to look it changing browsers, some will allow you to do the long press some won't. If it's some other type of photo or not in a web browser could you be more specific?
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Hello leeshor
    It could be anything really Web pictures/ internet/ Facebook/ Daily Mail app/ just about anything as you will have seen in the previous posts I have been able to copy all most any thing I just do not understand why this should no longer be the case
    Thank for your help
    jacsow

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    I will assume the issue is a browser issue, otherwise I'm not very clear one what exactly is/isn't working. If it is a browser issue I still suggest changing browsers. If that isn't the problem I may be dense but would still like more specifics.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    So would I jacsow - because you would appear to be describing something that is unfamiliar to me

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Sorry to be confusing,
    The position is as described in my first post.
    when I first purchased the tablet I was able to tap on a camera icon on the task bar.
    Now if I had a picture on the main screen the tap would copy the picture to the photo gallery
    where I could edit or leave it as it is.
    What I have been trying to say is I can no longer do this as the camera icon is no longer there
    I have spent a long time going through all the settings to see if it was in there somewhere at the moment I have not got any where
    jacsow

Super Moderator
    Member #
    Liked
    64 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 8
    I'm wondering if the OP is referring to the screenshot button perhaps in the mini app bar? It takes a screenshot and saves to Gallery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Quote Originally Posted by tweebee View Post
    I'm wondering if the OP is referring to the screenshot button perhaps in the mini app bar? It takes a screenshot and saves to Gallery.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    That might be it - in which case, I suspect that jacsow has a Tab 2 10.1 that has been updated to Jelly Bean which removed that icon from the task bar.

To take a screenshot now, just hold down the POWER & VOL DOWN buttons at the same time. You will then get a screenshot as before, jacsow.

Remove Ads

Ads