Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Samsung 10.1 How long does it take you to turn it on?

I have a Samsung 10.1 and a Samsung 2 7.0. I have to hold down the power switch for several seconds before the 10'1 will turn on. The 7.0 turn on with a press of the power button.

Is this normal?

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    149 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    Sounds to me as if one of your devices is fully OFF, while the other is just "asleep" with the screen off...(which means it is almost instant turn on)

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    Sounds to me as if one of your devices is fully OFF, while the other is just "asleep" with the screen off...(which means it is almost instant turn on)
    I thought the same but they are both fully off.

On the 10.1 it takes 15 seconds of holding the power button down before I get to the initial Samsung Galaxy 10.1 screen then an additional 40 seconds to get to the homepage.

On the 7.0 it takes 3 seconds to get to the Samsung Galaxy 2 7.0 screen then an additional 37 seconds to get to the homepage/password screen. (Only the 7.0 is passworded).

I measured each twice with the same results. They have been this way since new.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    If my new tablet, (now with 140 apps installed) only took that long I'd be dancing a jig.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Andromeda
    Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab Pro
    i have about 40 apps loaded and the samsung screen on my note 10.1 comes on with about a 3 second push of the on/off button from dead off. i would think if you need to hold the power button on for 15 seconds before the device turns on to the samsung galaxy intro screen that you have a problem of some sort. if your device is new and you don't have much loaded on it even more so. i would do a back up of your device, load that to your sd card and then do a factory reset and start all over again. see if that doesn't change things.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I don't have a lot of apps, I use this one more for video files. No SD card on this one but when I get the time I might just back up to a pc and reset. Thanks!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Reset back to factory. Now it only takes a 5 second hold on the start button but it takes from 40 to 70 seconds to get to the homepage. Oh well, at least no more 15 seconds of holding down the power button!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 10.1
    hi I've had my 10.1 since last summer. I hold it down for maybe 5 seconds. it takes about 10 seconds
    before the Samsung logo ans name appear. since it's always been that way ' I figured it's normal.
    hmmm! ya got me wondering now! I had a desktop for 9 yrs. towards it's "end", I'd turn it on, go to
    basement to throw wash in, and still nothing! you can see, now, why I think my tablet is so speedy!!
    I'm glad to see your post as i just "left" the tablet 10.1 group here since there's been little axtivity~~
    2 in 2011 and 1 in 2012. I need major help 'cause I'm really dense when it comes to reading directions
    sick most of the winter and surgery. I wish I could tell you if our wait is normal or not. have an awesome
    day!

Remove Ads

Ads