Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1

Downloading Youtube Videos

I am new to this forum, so I am pretty sure this must have been discussed already. In December I got my first Tablet - Galaxy Tab (Tab 3 10.1).

I have now tried various youtube downloaders, but none of them work. The one I almost got to work, was Droid Youtube Downloader. I downloaded a couple of vids, but then suddenly it stopped working (I just get an error eveytime I try to download).

I have Googled, and tried various apps, but none of them work.

Can you maybe point me to a link (if already discussed), or perhaps advise me ? I have given up now, trying to find one that works.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    158 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

You found one that worked so you should try to get it to work again. Try uninstalling that app, restart the tab and install it again.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times
    Device
    Galaxy Note 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt View Post
    I am new to this forum, so I am pretty sure this must have been discussed already. In December I got my first Tablet - Galaxy Tab (Tab 3 10.1).

I have now tried various youtube downloaders, but none of them work. The one I almost got to work, was Droid Youtube Downloader. I downloaded a couple of vids, but then suddenly it stopped working (I just get an error eveytime I try to download).

I have Googled, and tried various apps, but none of them work.

Can you maybe point me to a link (if already discussed), or perhaps advise me ? I have given up now, trying to find one that works.
    Welcome to the forum Colt. I agree with my esteemed colleague, Leeshor, about reinstalling the downloader. With these devices, it's amazing how effective either reboots or reinstallations can be!

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Thank you very much ..... let me try that :-)

Administrator
    Member #
    Liked
    148 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
    If that doesn't work - & the app may have stopped working because of a change at the YouTube end, then try Tubemate - which is available on the Amazon AppStore. It won't be on the Play Store as Google (who own YouTube) for some reason don't like you downloading on Android devices - but they don't actually prohibit or prevent it as far as I am aware.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Thank you very much ..... let me try that :-)
    Thank you very much for responding. Unfortunately I tried Tubemate, and it was worse than Droid Youtube Downloader.

Let me see if I can find a list of the ones I tried, so I can at least share the list with you guys.

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Here are the ones I have tried so far. There is another one not on the list, but I can't remember the name now.

YTD
    Tubemate
    Droid Youtube Downloader
    Youtube Downloader
    FVD - Free Video Downloader

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Quote Originally Posted by janner43 View Post
    It won't be on the Play Store as Google (who own YouTube) for some reason don't like you downloading on Android devices...

I noticed this ..... why is that ?

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm using the tubemate app to download videos on youtube for Android. You can view the tubemate details here: Tubemate Free Download - Tubemate Youtube Downloader for Android

Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 3 10.1
    Here are the ones I have tried so far. There is another one not on the list, but I can't remember the name now.

YTD
    Tubemate
    Droid Youtube Downloader
    Youtube Downloader
    FVD - Free Video Downloader

I noticed that you can, most of the time, download to a PC or Laptop, but not a mobile device. My own guess is - lets allow download to PC's, because they are not portable, and thus not to easy to share. But mobile things now become to easy to share (and copyright "leakage" goes up exponensialy) .... does this make sense ?

Many of my friends say, "I can't open your video". The I say, "try your PC". And then it works.

I am guessing it has something to do with mobility. And this will probably change in future, cause technology is changing very quickly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads