Cassiopeia
    Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Device
    Galaxy Tab 8.9

Question 64GB SDHC Copying Problem

I have a Tab 3 8" and there is nothing wrong with the tablet. It recognizes the SD card, formats it, etc. However, I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for the tablet and I'm hoping that someone else has seen this problem and figured a way around it.

Basically, I have about 16GB of music I would like to copy to the SD card, and so far I haven't been successful. On my laptop I have tried both the file explorer and FreeFileSync to copy the files to the SD card and the copying process completes successfully, no errors reported. However, when I do a CHKDSK on the SD card about 12 of the 16 is thrown out as seperate filechk files. I have tried exFat formatted on the tablet and/or laptop as well as Fat32 with the same results. I have had the exact same results using a 32GB and a 64GB card so I don't think it is the card.

I have read that the exFat had troubles with some music file names and that is why I tried the FAT32, but that didn't solve the problem. I have used the low format of the sdFormatter.exe, but that didn't help either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Polaris
    Member #
    Liked
    159 times
    Device
    Other Android Tab
    Welcome to the forum

I'm guessing that you are referring to a microSD card and trying to copy the files using a microSD to USB adapter. If that isn't the case then the rest of this won't count.

There are a few possibilities. 1) both cards are either bad or cheap knockoff forged cards. 2) Your card reader is faulty 3) You have some issues with the PC or USB port that you used.
    For answers on Flash Player installs, Rooting, Transferring files, printing and Malware/Anti Virus, WiFi problems and more, visit our
    Fabulous Guides & FAQ section

Remove Ads

Ads