Hello, my mother updated her tablet earlier today and since then it is not turning off. When we attempt to turn the device off, it will appear to power down, and then restart. It currently has about 50% battery power so I am wondering if we should let the battery drain, recharge and then restart it; I'm only worried that it might not turn back on afterwards.
Is anyone else experiencing this or maybe have any advice? I will gladly add any additional information if necessary. This is my first time posting so I am unsure what all might be needed.
Thank you in advance for any advice.
Solutions posted within this thread
To help those with this problem, here are the current suggestions for solving it posted within the thread (thanks to all who took the time to post their solutions). Reading through the thread might help with further clarification if you require it. Janner43
1. Factory Reset from settings (remember to backup first)
2. "I talked to someone with Samsung tech support and they had me plug in the device with the charger then hold the power button until it turned off. Then, it stayed off." (Eliskay)
3. "If I shut the tablet down from the desktop it doesn't shutdown it just reboots. If I go to the Lock Screen and shut it down from there it will shutdown." (rsb)
4. "Simple thing to resolve this: REMOVE (micro)SD CARD FROM TABLET and gadget will turn off. That's all." (pkitai)
5. "The only workaround that's been reliable for me is to do the shutdown/restart, and then do a shutdown from the lock screen when it re-boots." (GregInMich)